wednesday, the first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited December 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

mixing it up today, office, dentist, office, need to fit in cafe somewhere, perhaps with cayke

on the nippy side out there, on the plus side it's almost halfway to the weekend
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    In the office this morning, bit chilly out. Fortunately I had a good excuse to drive in as I had to carry some stuff and the green lurgy monster doesn't like the cold. Get here and find there's no bloody milk, how is a man supposed to work in these conditions? It's inhuman I tell you. I stuck my coffee machine on so there is some hope at least.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Glands have swollen up so I have another chin and I think the antibiotics the doc gave me yesterday are making my stomach feel dangerous, I've emailed my boss to say I'm ill but I'll probably be working from home depending on how I feel. It's not as cold as it has been here, when it's between -5 and +3 it doesn't seem to rain but today it's supposed to get up to 8 or so and drizzle
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, weirdly productive yesterday so I need to balance this out today. Cold one this morning canal had frozen over leading to some confused water foul either stuck in said ice or skating on it. Not sure what todays plan is so im just going to wing it
  • Can't kill them all, some (well solicitor types) are selling PP for me so I kind of need them.

Apparently I've been huffing and puffing all morning, so much so that MrsHD text my secretary and said I'm in a mood.

I FUCKING WELL AM NOT IN A FUCKING MOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I posed a question to her this morning, "how do people like Froome and Mo Farrah et al get so motivated"? because I sure as hell can't.

First respose, "who's Froome?"... Cue another huff.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    Boss just called to say that he doesn't want me to work from home and to have tomorrow off too because I've been ill since mid October, nice!

Just waiting for a bank to get in touch regarding a mortgage in principle (terrifying) then I'm going to take the dog for a walk and do some training stuff in a big field. Shame I feel like crap or this would be a nice day
  • Mrs SS WFH today, this could be a looooooooong day..........
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Take the anti-biotics with milk and/or food Hayden and if you get the squitters, yoghurt helps rebalance the gut. I take 1000mg of Penicillin in two 500mg doses per day everyday and I have no problems.
    Are you on Erythromycin by any faint chance? Clarithromycin is the direct alternative and not so harsh on the gut:

http://www.iodine.com/drug/erythromycin/alternatives
    https://www.nice.org.uk/advice/esuom13/ ... ternatives

I can understand VN's reluctance to pedal but methinks he should get some proper winter clothing 'cos he's going from humid home with central heating to the inside of a cold metal can sucking up other exhaust fumes through cold catalytic converters not up to running temp to the inside of a humid, heated office and they are all perfect Petri dishes. But that's just me.
    Yesterday, the first 10 miles was a constant stream of snot rockets and than after that my beak was bone dry. As soon as I got back indoors, green Niagara.

When I went to see Engineery walla, he was loading up the truck to... wait for it... go and do the job at PPP! Wahey. He might be lying through his teeth though.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    @HD Froome dog is probably in South Africa, Kenya or Mallorca sucking in some sunshine. Mo Farrah is just well 'ard (or maybe in Florida or California).
    You see, if you were a horse owned by Sheik Bin Oodjamaflip, you would have been shipped out to Dubai in Autumn for the winter.
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    Take the anti-biotics with milk and/or food Hayden and if you get the squitters, yoghurt helps rebalance the gut. I take 1000mg of Penicillin in two 500mg doses per day everyday and I have no problems.
    Are you on Erythromycin by any faint chance? Clarithromycin is the direct alternative and not so harsh on the gut:

It's amoxicillin, 3 a day at 500mg. So far I've just been taking them with water then having a coffee which probably isn't the best idea but I can't miss out on a coffee break even if I am off work, atleast it's milk based. Aside from the squits I've been getting the odd nauseous spell which passes, I just remember being sick on antibiotics as a kid so maybe I'm bringing it on myself. Thanks for the advice

I'm bloody nervous about this mortgage malarkey too but I didn't think I've ever got the squits from being nervous :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Wfh since too early has fooled me into believing now is lunch time - so porridge is currently being enjoyed

Later is picking up the new to me bike I've just bought - remind me to tell the wife first
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

It's amoxicillin, 3 a day at 500mg. So far I've just been taking them with water then having a coffee which probably isn't the best idea but I can't miss out on a coffee break even if I am off work, atleast it's milk based. Aside from the squits I've been getting the odd nauseous spell which passes, I just remember being sick on antibiotics as a kid so maybe I'm bringing it on myself. Thanks for the advice

I'm bloody nervous about this mortgage malarkey too but I didn't think I've ever got the squits from being nervous :wink:

Amoxicillin/Augmentin is harsh. I was on it for 3 and a half years. Try avoid too much acid - fried foods, fresh orange juice, pastries like croissant, bacon sandwiches. Anything with high fat content. I make myself a Latte in the morning with a double espresso shot and I can get away with that - you said 'milk based' so I presume something similar?
    Get some Greek Yoghurt - Lidl is best. You can mix it with honey, golden syrup (and indeed fruit) which will give you a bit of energy and is palatable. If the anti-biotic is restricting absorption of foodstuffs, you may be dizzy from lack of energy.
    I have just had half a glass of freshly squeezed OJ and it's currently squirming around in my stomach. Trying to keep the lurgy at bay. It will pass. Give the Amoxicillin 3-4 days as your body will adjust to the stuff. It can make you pretty groggy, lethargic and nauseous to start with. If it get's worse, ask doc for an alternative.
    Amoxicillin is often prescribed when they are not absolutely sure of the problem. Given a blood test and perhaps some samples, they can prescribe something that is more specific.
  • Pinno wrote:
    @HD Froome dog is probably in South Africa, Kenya or Mallorca sucking in some sunshine. Mo Farrah is just well 'ard (or maybe in Florida or California).
    You see, if you were a horse owned by Sheik Bin Oodjamaflip, you would have been shipped out to Dubai in Autumn for the winter.

It's a good point but still doesn't help.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:

Update later.

For me taking that is like dropping a nuke into your stomach stuff is pure evil
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    well it was shakespeare's line, though attempted much earlier (viz. wat tyler et al.) due to the part lawyers played in the oppression of the people

these days there're some good ones, i'm happy to swap them for certain others
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Spent the morning with lawyers, couldn't understand portugueselegaleese, only the bit where they demanded 450€, die, die you leaches.

Weird weather, has been cold first thing in the morning lately (around 10c) but today was 18c :shock:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Spent the morning with lawyers, couldn't understand portugueselegaleese, only the bit where they demanded 450€, die, die you leaches.

Weird weather, has been cold first thing in the morning lately (around 10c) but today was 18c :shock:

That's 'cos you're on the cusp of the coldish high dominating Europe. Maybe you need curry.

d_20161130_h15_euro_en.gif?201611301634
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Free food and drink beckons this evening...the only downside is having it to spend it with tax people. And the Inland Revenue / HM Treasury :shock:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    On the cusp of curry, not drank any alcohol for a week or so, is it even possible to eat Indian food without a Cobra or two?

Let me see 28gms carb for the beer, skip naan, skip rice, 18units of insulin, if I cycle to and from the restaurant on a quick bike ridden like I stole it, could just work, great plan, thanks Pinno :D
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Maybe you need curry.
    I'm going for curry shortly, a few beers first as is traditional. Got to work at maintaining my god like figure. Investigating the formerly red ruby of Hampton Wick, now brown. Must try not to drool on the windows of Sigma Sport when locking the bike up.
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    On the cusp of curry, not drank any alcohol for a week or so, is it even possible to eat Indian food without a Cobra or two?

Let me see 28gms carb for the beer, skip naan, skip rice, 18units of insulin, if I cycle to and from the restaurant on a quick bike ridden like I stole it, could just work, great plan, thanks Pinno :D

Be sure to include all that skipping in the energy equation balancing act conundrum.
  • team47b
    Just had some good news, so that put paid to my sobriety, cracked open a bottle of excellent Douro to celebrate, may still have to for that curry and beer at lunchtime tomorrow though!

Stopped skipping, not for me, only works if you are an 18 stone boxer or a six year old girl :D
  • pinno
    Bloody teef. Had to whip this bad boy out - it's been giving me jip for months. Dentist said that it would 'fall out spontaneously'. Lying basket.

Plug for scale:

49e0c94022e3fdd797c3fec5a67c6f1d.jpg
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    wisdom tooth?
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    wisdom tooth?

I don't know if I have any. :wink:
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Damn, you've pre-empted my witty response.
  • Eeeewwww!
  • veronese68
    Curry was good, ride back was more than a tad chilly.
  • Never mind the lawyers, start with the neurosurgeons. B@stard$.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS