Online Petition to debate 1.5m rule for overtaking cyclists

Pokerface
Pokerface Posts: 7,960
edited January 2017 in Campaign
Not something everyone will agree with and don't want to start the actual debate HERE. It's something I DO believe in (although I didn't start the petition).

But would appreciate it those that DO support the idea to surf over to https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/128190 and sign the online petition to get enough signatures to have Parliament debate the issue.

It's been live for a few days and already approaching the absolute minimum requirement but would love this to get to 100,000 sigs and encourage a debate.

It takes all of a minute to do. And once done, if you could share via your social media outlets, it will help.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,242
    Signed
    left the forum March 2023
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Me too.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Job done.
  • Whyscotty
    Whyscotty Posts: 25
    done
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Done.
  • I see that Birmingham police are running a campaign to highlight this issue to motorists. Interesting that they feel this is an issue, but the Government does not. We should highlight this petition more.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    I see that Birmingham police are running a campaign to highlight this issue to motorists. Interesting that they feel this is an issue, but the Government does not. We should highlight this petition more.
    Have written to my local police force about this, to find out about their policy re dangerously close passing.. no response, so wrote to the police and crime commissioner.. so far no response :|
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    I see that Birmingham police are running a campaign to highlight this issue to motorists. Interesting that they feel this is an issue, but the Government does not. We should highlight this petition more.
    Have written to my local police force about this, to find out about their policy re dangerously close passing.. no response, so wrote to the police and crime commissioner.. so far no response :|
    and now they have responded positively, i was buzzed recently, they asked for the still from go pro, which they decided to write to 2 of the 3 offenders warning them and sending them a copy of the highway code :)
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....