tuesday, waves of depolarisation sweep across the cortex, there are invisible holes in perception

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited November 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh

almost time to break out the crimbo decorations
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Another joyous day of wfh, last week of it though. Mrs is working the by election on Thursday so I'll clamber into the loft and dig out the festive tat then. She can put it all up on Fryday when I'm in the office that way. She always likes to put the decorations up early, I refuse to until December. Just call me the Grinch. Should probably think about doing some work now.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Finally going to the doctors today to clear up my 2 month long lurgy. Fun fun. On the plus side I'm working from home so the coffee is good
  • WFH isn't so much fun when the kettle breaks!
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • haydenm
    I would boil it on the hob rather than go into the office and drink instant coffee...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    WFH isn't so much fun when the kettle breaks!

If your working from home surely you can give yourself a "break" to go get said water boiling vessel?

Morning, cold one today down southish -3 many cars with peepholes etched out to drive with, bar those lovely drive in with hanging fog over the fields all very idyllic then into the concrete jungle to avoid instant coffee by drinking green tea which is allegedly good for you. Onward to something!
  • haydenm
    Doc gave me antibiotics. On the plus side I quizzed the pharmacist about drinking alcohol and I'm good to go (get smashed)
  • Sat up last night until 11.30 fayying about with the new curtains, up again at 6.30 today to finish hanging them.

All of the above = tired.

That said, the room is looking better and if the damn joiner would turn up we'd even be able to shut some doors.

Has anyone seen an old Tiagra cassette?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    When the thread title is longer than the post, it can only mean SG is having a laugh.
    I have almost a whole, old Tiagra cassette. What you looking for HD?

Coffee consumed. Scrambled eggs eaten plus Satsuma and mixed nuts, posts posted which included a trip into the graveyard that is Crudcatcher. Seeing one of those b4stard roadies post up/down there might spur them into some sort of response even if it is the formation of a lynch mob.

Now that Monday is out of the way, the rest of the week will be mowstly pedalling, harassing the engineer to within 1 inch of his life and posting bollox.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    That's inhuman! I don't think you should work in such conditions, you should go home...
  • Pinno wrote:
    What you looking for HD?.

Anything shimano ten speed really, its for a turbo trainer wheel.

I thought I had the old one I took off lying about but obviously not.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    That's inhuman! I don't think you should work in such conditions, you should go home...

Which I'd bought one of those espresso machines
  • Step83 wrote:

If your working from home surely you can give yourself a "break" to go get said water boiling vessel?

!

Its too cold to go out
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Pinno wrote:
    What you looking for HD?.

Anything shimano ten speed really, its for a turbo trainer wheel.

I thought I had the old one I took off lying about but obviously not.

may have an old 105, I'll check when I go home, possibly have been binned when I was made to tidy up last
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Ooo, thank you!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    think i've got some too, might be sram but they're compatible
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    Just seen this, the lunatic in my avatar has done the Stelvio again with no handlebars or brakes but in the dark this time. He is a local crazy where my sister lives, rides around town like that constantly waving at everyone. The kids think he's great, if a little unhinged. Suddenly realised earlier it's my sister's birthday, better give her a call as it's a big one.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Big as in size or event as in year?

It is my eldest rugrats birthday today so early start to open presents followed by working locally to minimise work to pub time as he has requested a meal there :)
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just seen this, the lunatic in my avatar has done the Stelvio again with no handlebars or brakes but in the dark this time. He is a local crazy where my sister lives, rides around town like that constantly waving at everyone. The kids think he's great, if a little unhinged. Suddenly realised earlier it's my sister's birthday, better give her a call as it's a big one.

So that village has produced more than one idiot?

Soz HD. Most of it has gone. I got it on an old hub which I put in the rear drop-outs when I clean the transmission. I only use one 'floating' ring at a time, then the spacing is immaterial when tinkering with the rear mech.

They're pretty cheap or did the curtains clean you out?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-12-28 ... Sw44BYOccu

35 miles in the friggin cold I did me. It's friggin cold. Why is it so friggin cold?
    Though I exceeded last years total today but on the flip side, I probably need to double it if I want to do the Marmotte without making me dead*.

*Told my 4 year old not to drink 'that' or touch it. 'That' being a bottle of bleach. It's no point being crafty and hiding stuff away - it just makes them 10 times more determined to find stuff we've hidden away - and they do, so they know that we hide stuff. She said "If I drink that, will it make me dead?". I said "Yes, you'll be very dead" and she said "What happens then?". 4 year old's are tricky.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    So that village has produced more than one idiot?

You've heard about the brother in law then.
    Giuliano Calore is from Padova, as is the brother in law.
  • Not braking the bank and I don't mind paying for stuff I use but I'm more annoyed that the spare has grown legs.

And yes, they did clear me out. Luckily MrsHD saw sense and didn't have the shop hand stitch 36 Swarovski crystals on at £12 each...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Not braking the bank and I don't mind paying for stuff I use but I'm more annoyed that the spare has grown legs.

And yes, they did clear me out. Luckily MrsHD saw sense and didn't have the shop hand stitch 36 Swarovski crystals on at £12 each...

No point me getting expensive curtains - the kids have been known to swing off them. Crystals on a set of curtains?! Whatever next.

You'll find the spare just as soon as the replacement arrives. It's always the way.
  • Think...

pinch_pleat_with_buttons.jpg

But with crystals.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Its too cold to go out
    I wish you'd told me that before I went out!

It's feckin freezing out. 1.3 degrees in Richmond Park at half past three. Plus the windchill at my awesome 14 mph average.

Still, blew the cobwebs away, just. Heart didn't stop, as I thought it was about to when I set off, so that was a bonus.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Ah! He brakes with his foot on the tyre. Thought he was doing it on a fixed gear.

Nutter!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Leaving work shortly - been an ACOAD. I have a nice cold bottle of wine in the fridge at home...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Its too cold to go out
    I wish you'd told me that before I went out!

It's feckin freezing out. 1.3 degrees in Richmond Park at half past three. Plus the windchill at my awesome 14 mph average.

Still, blew the cobwebs away, just. Heart didn't stop, as I thought it was about to when I set off, so that was a bonus.

Kudos to any fcuker going out cycling in this weather who doesn't need to.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,685
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Leaving work shortly - been an ACOAD. I have a nice cold bottle of wine in the fridge at home...
    ..and several pages of Brexit to catch up on :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Seems to be going round in circles a bit just now. We need the 'Italian job' to make it more interesting.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Seems to be going round in circles a bit just now. We need the 'Italian job' to make it more interesting.

Yes, it had petered out over the last week or so. Needs a new impetus.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,685
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yes, it had petered out over the last week or so. Needs a new impetus.
    Perhaps we could get Paul Nutjob to register. That would liven things up.