Free P&P limits on the up

londoncommuter
londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
edited December 2016 in Road general
Just spotted PlanetX now want £100 baskets before giving "free" P&P. Seems a bit of an arm-race this.

Shame.

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    It was £50 last week ! FFS !
  • Where's Mikebrew when you need him?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    It will only be until next week, when they announce a special 50% of minimum purchase price for free delivery offer.
  • I'm expecting the same from CRC soon, especially given the Wiggle takeover.
  • That would just be normal here in Germany. Case in point: Many of the big online retailers' idea of a Black Friday blowout mega sale was just Free Shipping, for one day only. Most of the junk I would have bought, was actually cheaper from the UK, including P&P.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • I dont think that free P&P on everything is sustainable anymore.Not only do punters want the goods cheaper than anywhere else, they want them to the door for nothing too.I think Wiggles Next Day for 3.99 is still a great deal, it would cost me more than that in fuel to fetch the item from a shop that might, and I mean just might have it! We have created a cut throat market here in the UK where people, and I don't put myself outside this category, have grown to expect everything and more when we part with our money. I am all for a deal, but I also have come to understand, the shop/service provider, who/whatever it is need to make something too.I do think 100 is a lot to qualify for free shipping, but as the guy said about "black friday" in Germany, it appears free shipping was a real bonus!! Now wheres that £10 55inch 4K TV i had delivered in under the hour from Argos!!!!
  • Stops me going to the big online retailers for bits and bobs. I always have a search around on ebay etc. and usually find a better deal for stuff that doesn't get over the free P&P limit.
  • Just spotted PlanetX now want £100 baskets before giving "free" P&P. Seems a bit of an arm-race this.

Shame.

That is crazy. I guess they don't want to continue their component and clothing sales at the same volume anymore and concentrate on bikes and frames.

They have got on my tats recently as they show pictures of their products which are not the actual model they are selling ie their saddle sales show the newer model but they are flogging the old versions.
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    My last PX order was more post than item but the overall cost for what I bought was less than elsewhere so happy.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Well there you go I still offer "free P&P" really it is in the price of the part. however that makes some parts look a bit more expensive. When I tried removing "free" P&P for a few day sales fell of a cliff so I am not sure about removing it.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • PX is doing their own twist on making us spend more for our goods, just as the likes of Toberlone; Malteesers; Chocolate Orange etc. have done this year...
    They are no longer listed on Quidco or Topcashback
    Looks like 10% student discount has gone
    £100 spend for free postage
    But no free postage for "bikes , Groupsets, Frames and Wheels" http://www.planetx.co.uk/help/delivery-information
    Not to mention something might cost £x one day and £2x the next
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Websta24
    Websta24 Posts: 162
    With Wiggle, pay 1.99 and use the collect+ service

Next day, every time
  • Oddly, free P&P limits might be on the turn. Wiggle back down to £9 and Evans £20.