Tacx Handlebar Mount - Any alternatives?

vpnikolov
vpnikolov Posts: 568
Hi guys,

Today I got myself a handlebar mount, but was quite unpleasantly surprised when I tried to put my tablet in there - it did not fit...

Are there any alternatives out there that will accommodate larger tablets?

Another idea I had was to 3d print the width and height adjusters to make them slightly longer. Any idea of a London-based company that could carry out such work?

Comments

• cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 674
    vpnikolov wrote:
    Hi guys,

Today I got myself a handlebar mount, but was quite unpleasantly surprised when I tried to put my tablet in there - it did not fit...

Are there any alternatives out there that will accommodate larger tablets?

Another idea I had was to 3d print the width and height adjusters to make them slightly longer. Any idea of a London-based company that could carry out such work?

Bought one of these last week and it works well as long as you have a shelf/chair/table to clamp it to

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1
  • Which mount did you get? The Tacx version is good and certainly fits the regular (9.5"?) iPad, smaller iPad Pro and will adjust for the iPad Mini too
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I bought a mount to read books whilst on the turbo back in the day before ipads were around.

Impossible. The vibration meant you couldn't read and you'd sweat on it anyway.

I just have my ipad on the cabinet in front of the turbo nowadays
  • Which mount did you get? The Tacx version is good and certainly fits the regular (9.5"?) iPad, smaller iPad Pro and will adjust for the iPad Mini too
    I am using surface pro 4. It is slightly bigger than the iPads.
  • vpnikolov wrote:
    Which mount did you get? The Tacx version is good and certainly fits the regular (9.5"?) iPad, smaller iPad Pro and will adjust for the iPad Mini too
    I am using surface pro 4. It is slightly bigger than the iPads.

Yeah - it's verging on a laptop with a detachable keyboard. I think it's about the same size as the full-size iPad Pro. If I were you, I'd be looking for something that describes itself as a laptop stand.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH