sungod Posts: 16,522
edited November 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, shop, ponder what we call reality, with cafe stops
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    No riding as it's eldest rugrats birthday party, so loads of eleven year olds running round the woods. Should really make the parents sign a disclaimer as we have made a zip wire and rope swing. Also getting the kids bikes out and building a jump :) then a bonfire - I think they will love it

Later is hopefully free of the sister in law - but I doubt it
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    ah, proper fun, before health and safety hand wringers spoiled things

made me recall this from last week...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/world ... ycles.html
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    sungod wrote:
    ah, proper fun, before health and safety hand wringers spoiled things

made me recall this from last week...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/world ... ycles.html

:)

Exactly, big part of why I bought this house was the woods which give the kids a chance to have old school fun (though I may have suggested getting them paint ball guns for Christmas)!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    No riding. Off to babysit for brother in law
  • Chilly early morning ride to avoid a house full of family - ride obviously not long enough as there seem to be some stragglers hanging around :?

Good coffee and homemade cake a plenty on my return though. House should quieten down any time soon though so remainder of the day could involve Sky Sports combined with the sofa then some of the best fish and chips in the land for me and the kids for supper. Probably some wine or beer creeping in at some point.

Happy days
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Had the traditional slow start followed by mild pottering, enough exertion so stopped for another cup of tea. More pottering to follow and avoiding going into Kingston.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Glad you said non-abelian SG because I cannot see anything that resembles the converse around here.

Sis turns up today for a flying visit. If anyone is prepared to gaffer tape her up and take her away, i'd be very grateful. Preferably before dinner as I would hate to waste any of the lovely Lasagne that I have made on her. Maybe I should just buy a round of chips for all concerned. Her sproggs are coming too. One is a total brat, the other though morose, is bearable.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Bit of lie in but still knackered. Managed a good late full English brekky with a couple of mates in town which has set me up quite well for the day. Now following the football while hound sitting
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Is it bad to have Christmas wrapped up before December?

Unfortunately the weekend the ducker got wrapped was the sunniest we've had all year!

Oh well, at least I have hanging the £700 curtains to look forward to tomorrow.

And women say hobbies are expensive!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    No riding. Off to babysit for brother in law

Did you survive?
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    edited November 2016
    Reality well that is a sea of virtual particles popping out of the vacum and back into it. What we see as matter is really a bunch of point like particles (or vibrating strings) which have fields. Those fields exhange virtual particles allows forces to act at a distance. What wee as matter is not solid it is space with a bunch of interacting fields which are really the exchnage of virtual particles which exist because a 1d string happens tl be near by. In other words reality is decieving.

Some theories of reality are even weider than that.

Raced today. First hillyish 3/4 race where i did not struggle.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • pinno
    Reality well that is a sea of virtual particles popping out of the vacum and back into it. What we see as matter is really a bunch of point like particles (or vibrating strings) which have fields. Those fields exhange virtual particles allows forces to act at a distance. What wee as matter is not solid it is space with a bunch of interacting fields which are really the exchnage of virtual particles which exist because a 1d string happens tl be near by. In other words reality is decieving.

Some theories of reality are even weider than that.

Yes that's all very well but did GarryH survive the babysitting?