edited November 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, office, pots

no rain, weekend looking dry, will we ever know such times again
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    SG still doing his job, posting the daily thread.

Cold office today, suspect the heating may be broken. In which case off the coffee shop for round 2
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    i like to start the day with something creative

after that it's generally downhill until i get a glass of wine
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Fish and chips tonight .... just rushed to sainsburries before the black Friday croud get there and buy up all the pickled onions !
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    In the office today so I've had a cup of tea and am now going to start some serious slacking. I've done some work and placated a customer on the wrong side of the world. I wonder if he knows Spinner.
    Tough on Farage and causes of Farage? I think I need to buy another one of my customers a drink and see if he will repeat an act from when he was about 15, and punch Farage's lights out again.
    Might meet the Mrs in the pub on the way home tonight. Roll on the weekend...
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    In the office today so I've had a cup of tea and am now going to start some serious slacking. I've done some work and placated a customer on the wrong side of the world. I wonder if he knows Spinner.
    Tough on Farage and causes of Farage? I think I need to buy another one of my customers a drink and see if he will repeat an act from when he was about 15, and punch Farage's lights out again.
    Might meet the Mrs in the pub on the way home tonight. Roll on the weekend...
    Well, I have an old mate who owned an Aston DB4, an E Type and and MG-B all at once. He was probably one of yours, but it was a fair while ago....
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    fat daddy wrote:
    Fish and chips tonight .... just rushed to sainsburries before the black Friday croud get there and buy up all the pickled onions ![/quote]

Life goals.

Morning, Friday means less than the usual level of work, which is at best nil anyway, the slightly grey Friday sales seem a bit meh bulk of it seems to be tat they cant shift. Couple of good offers popped up, Superstar have some Carbon Reynolds wheels down to £168. If I could justify them then I would but I was sensible and bought a coffee machine. On balance I may have chosen poorly but the missus will be pleased.
  • Phil Connors
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Good night last night as we sorted out the dinning room after the table arrived and the Sparkie finished the lights, etc

Celebrated with wine :)

Today is working from home to reduce the home to pub time
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Just waiting until that stunning sunshine takes the edge off the frost before I go for a pedal. I need some luck and not hit some ice. It's that frosty, it looks like it snowed overnight. Crystal clear sky and sun bouncing off the white. Going to take a camera.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Turbo session done, coffee n bagel next, then off to hospital to have a needle stuck in my eye...
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Not as impressed with GT episode 2
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Very frosty on this side. Just back from a very gingerly ride. Log basket fully loaded and Elvis Juice awaits in the fridge. Need to take wifey's car for new tyres this arvo.
  • Cool and sunny out, done a lot of present buying so might get a pass.

Probably wont thought as no doubt I'll be given a list of random crap to buy.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Whats this frost of which you speak? Us southern softies haven't seen any as yet.
  • It looks a bit like this.

FAB5E945-7561-42E7-B476-4B90A0811E77-8308-000009CDDD7E3256.jpg
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Frost is a Northern thing I think.

I'm making my way through the day slowly but steadily - got do do a leaving presentation for a minion later and hand over some cheesy presents and a card. Then home to doss hopefully.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Kids are in bed. I'm cracking open the Elvis Juice, ahaa!
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Frost is a Northern thing I think.

I'm making my way through the day slowly but steadily - got do do a leaving presentation for a minion later and hand over some cheesy presents and a card. Then home to doss hopefully.

What's the "CONT" in your avatar?

Edit: Just got it.
  • pinno
    Cold day in the saddle. Well, 3 hours + of it. Never enough pocket room for Haribo in this weather and the pesky Stoat in my back pocket munches on them.

Here's a lovely shot on top of the Col de la Glenluce of my C40 GarryH :mrgreen: The top of this mountain was bathed in sunshine but the rest of the route - some of it I had to walk.

ccf733f144e42b68bcb5ec69f00d0655.jpg
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Cold day in the saddle. Well, 3 hours + of it. Never enough pocket room for Haribo in this weather and the pesky Stoat in my back pocket munches on them.

Here's a lovely shot on top of the Col de la Glenluce of my C40 GarryH :mrgreen: The top of this mountain was bathed in sunshine but the rest of the route - some of it I had to walk.

ccf733f144e42b68bcb5ec69f00d0655.jpg

I'd check my shed if I were you :wink:
  • Garry H
    oh, and I reached 100,000 miles in my car today
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Nice Pinno,it was a good fresh blue sky one today.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Highlight of my day was an MRI scan on my trashed knee. Had a 20 min kip while the scanner was whirring away.
  • Garry H
    Highlight of my day was an MRI scan on my trashed knee. Had a 20 min kip while the scanner was whirring away.

Been there. Did you take your own music along?
  • kingstonian
    Garry H wrote:

Been there. Did you take your own music along?

Not this time, they just put on a radio station.
  • veronese68
    I'm not the only one that falls asleep in a scanner then. Have they said anything about it yet? How's the job?
  • kingstonian
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm not the only one that falls asleep in a scanner then. Have they said anything about it yet? How's the job?

Can't turn down the chance of a quick kip !!!!!

I get the results early next week. Hoping it doesn't require surgery, I had an op on the same knee 4 yrs ago and can't go through that again.

On the plus side, the new job is great, thanks. Literally the only downside so far is that my knee problem is preventing me from commuting by bike.
  • There is something rather hypnotic about the rhythms of an MRI, I've had a couple of 45min ones and oddly it was the most relaxed I've felt in years laying in there.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:

Can't turn down the chance of a quick kip !!!!!

I get the results early next week. Hoping it doesn't require surgery, I had an op on the same knee 4 yrs ago and can't go through that again.

On the plus side, the new job is great, thanks. Literally the only downside so far is that my knee problem is preventing me from commuting by bike.

Maybe you should have your own private Rickshaw. Then you could feel the wind in your hair and experience something similar to riding a bike to work.
  • veronese68
    There is something rather hypnotic about the rhythms of an MRI, I've had a couple of 45min ones and oddly it was the most relaxed I've felt in years laying in there.
    Yes, I had a PET scan a few years back that was quite long. Had to be strapped to the very narrow bed to keep my arms on it, pronptly got an itchy nose of course. Soon forgot about it and had a good kip.