Calling English based cyclists!

merel
merel Posts: 7
edited November 2016 in Road general
Hello cyclists!

My name is Merel, a Dutch/Italian student. At the moment I'm writing a thesis on how a French mountain hotel can reach English based cyclists online (This because the French Alps are popular among English people). In order to do this, I need to gain insight into the English cycling persona (demographical and online behavioural information).

Because of the fact that I'm living in Italy, I'm trying to find ways on approaching cyclists who would be open in participating in my survey! I really hope one of you, or maybe your cycling friends can help me out! The answers will of course be anonymously and it won't take you longer than 6 minutes!

Here is the link: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3180313/D ... ng-persona (link is external)

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact me on merel.s.jansen@gmail.com

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Why just England? What about the Welsh, Scots and Northern Irish?
  • merel
    I agree with you, but my university supervisor wanted me to focus on one specific market to make my research more narrowed and specific!
  • merel wrote:
    I agree with you, but my university supervisor wanted me to focus on one specific market to make my research more narrowed and specific!

Which is fair enough, but you should focus on the United Kingdom as England isn't a specific market.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Done.

I guess the guy has to target something and there is a page for the region from which you're from - so maybe he just wants less options there. No biggie.
  • merel wrote:

Your university supervisor is a bell end.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Done! But I would open it up to the rest of the UK before you cause a riot ;-)
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Done.

Good luck with your thesis.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Done.
  • merel
    Thanks everyone! I'll tell my supervisor ;-)
  • If it needs more explanation it's a similar annoyance to Holland/Netherlands - but with centuries of animosity before and after each part of the United Kingdom was assimilated into the Union... for the nations of the UK that aren't England it's like being 3 canaries in bed with a 500kg gorilla.
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    I'm not sure if I'm English or Welsh anymore. I cycle from Wales to England (and back again) most days. Can I do the survey?
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    craker wrote:
    I'm not sure if I'm English or Welsh anymore. I cycle from Wales to England (and back again) most days. Can I do the survey?

If you choose to cycle back .... it means your Welsh :wink:
  • Is the Belgian OP suggesting the French Alps aren't popular with the rest of the residents of the UK?
  • merel
    For those who don't live in England, you can still fill in the survey! There is an option which says: I don't live in England.
  • merel wrote:
    For those who don't live in England, you can still fill in the survey! There is an option which says: I don't live in England.

Can we have a "I am not English" option?
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    Done