Lost di2 charger

inbike
inbike Posts: 264
edited November 2016 in Commuting chat
Argh. I've lost my Di2 charger again. Why can't it just take a normal micro USB cable?

Where have you found yours after losing it? I need some inspiration for the search.

Comments

• I found it where it put it. I only use it every couple of months even at the busiest cycling times.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • @inbike Where are you based? I could lend you mine if local (Cambridge).
    Look in toolbox or the place you last time used to charge. You think you might have mixed up in a box of wires/cables/chargers(every man has one)?
    I lost the TV's remote control last week and I just can't find it anywhere: I vaguely recall putting it somewhere and thinking "I not sure I'm going to find it here..." and hey, I was right!!!
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    This is exactly why I am resisting di2 for as long as I can .... yeah yeah yeah, its smoother and quicker .. but whats the point of being able to seamlessly shift instantaneously If you are 5 hours late leaving the house because you loose your charger ... and I WILL lose it .. every time, guaranteed

I bought a new hedge cutter the other day, for no other reason than I have lost the battery for the last one
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Everything should be micro usb nowadays. At least its better than when we used to have different chargers for every bloody phone. I think Sram Etap is a normal micro usb too. Sell the bike and buy that. It'll be easier in the long run.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Fenix wrote:
    Everything should be micro usb nowadays

Don't let Apple hear you say that, their proprietary system is just so much better. Honest.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • fenix
    Begone with you evil creature ! I've left the apple domain now. Finally rid of the horrors of Itunes..... ;-)
  • Normally you have weeks to find your charger even when the light is red. Worst case, drop into your LBS - they'll have one and it takes no time to get loads more charge on it. I played "charger chicken" when I first got my bike because I wanted to find out exactly what happened if the battery got low. Sure enough I lost front shifting as expected. As I was out on a ride, I swung by my LBS in Inverness and I had 50% charge in the time it took to drink a coffee.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • inbike
    inbike Posts: 264
    That's good to know. I've only done a few hundred miles since it was last charged.

I have a friend who only charges his electric vehicle when he's shopping, never at home. I suppose I could apply the same principle to Di2...
  • fenix
    I was in the Lakes the other week and they had an electric bike charge point at the cafe. That's really having your cake and eating it.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    SecretSam wrote:
    Fenix wrote:
    Everything should be micro usb nowadays

Don't let Apple hear you say that, their proprietary system is just so much better. Honest.
    they werent that wrong, the world is moving to USB c which is a bit like lightening as it is used either way up. And apple are also using it...