Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Spotting fakes

AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
edited November 2016 in The bottom bracket
How do some people get away with selling fake goods ??

These are listed as Castelli Replicas !!!!

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Castelli-Ca ... Ciid%253A5

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Team-Castelli-W ... iid%253A21

Posts

  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
    Reported to eBay as selling counterfeit goods - now awaiting a response from eBay !!

    Hopefully they will take action in light of recent bad press coverage for amazons lack of action against counterfeit items being sold on amazon and being stored / despatched by amazon
  • cougiecougie Posts: 22,512
    Yeah good luck cleaning up eBay....

    I've bought cheap kits off ebay in the past. Shorts aren't up to much but the tops are pretty decent. It's only a bit of lycra. Why do people pay north of 100 for a top that'll be last year's design in a few months?
  • 349DF51E00000578-0-image-a-52_1464212898534.jpg
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • fat daddyfat daddy Posts: 2,605
    well at least they are honest and not selling them as originals ... they have a "twisted" conscience, Screw over Castelli but not the shopper
  • capt_slogcapt_slog Posts: 3,483
    fat daddy wrote:
    well at least they are honest and not selling them as originals ... they have a "twisted" conscience, Screw over Castelli but not the shopper

    They'd be even more honest if the word "replica" was in the listing title.


    The older I get, the better I was.

  • cooldadcooldad Posts: 32,601
    349DF51E00000578-0-image-a-52_1464212898534.jpg
    She told me it was breast reduction surgery.
    I don't do smileys.

    There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

    London Calling on Facebook

    Parktools
  • cooldadcooldad Posts: 32,601
    Capt Slog wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:
    well at least they are honest and not selling them as originals ... they have a "twisted" conscience, Screw over Castelli but not the shopper

    They'd be even more honest if the word "replica" was in the listing title.

    I read 'replica' as a replica team jersey, as opposed to one actually from a real life Sky rider or similar. Not a simile for knock off.
    I don't do smileys.

    There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

    London Calling on Facebook

    Parktools
  • capt_slogcapt_slog Posts: 3,483
    cooldad wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:
    well at least they are honest and not selling them as originals ... they have a "twisted" conscience, Screw over Castelli but not the shopper

    They'd be even more honest if the word "replica" was in the listing title.

    I read 'replica' as a replica team jersey, as opposed to one actually from a real life Sky rider or similar. Not a simile for knock off.

    Ah yes, Good point.


    The older I get, the better I was.

Sign In or Register to comment.