'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, in preparation for carousing tonight

not raining
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    No rain here too thankfully

In dull looking Cheshire today whilst the builder and sparkie rip the bathroom apart. Also need to contact the plumbers as the heating stayed on after switching it off last night, well I actually need to remind the wife to do it

Later might be a very rare session of bike fixing, but I doubt it
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

It's been smashing it down all night here with strong winds, should die off by 11. Luckily I'm working from home today as I have the dentist at 12, might head out to the woods after, my sites probably wont be looking pretty after this rain...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

Lashing it down here has been most of the night so many puddles. Not a massive amount occurring today that I'm aware of. if the rain lets off later I may get out an faff with the bikes, I have a brake lever that a friend bend in a while back, going to see if I can un bend it at all with a seatpost
  • Tea, Gym, Tea, office.

Pretty bad here last night too, calmed down a bit now though and hopefully staying dry all across the weekend so a real ride is on the cards for Saturday.

ISO Audit tomorrow so will be spending most of today filling in bits of paper.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    More working from home today. Just dropped the girl off at school, almost a full day for her today. Boys' parents evening later, should all be fine we have a reasonable idea what to expect. Other than that not much going on, might make another cup of tea in a bit.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939

ISO Audit tomorrow so will be spending most of today filling in bits of paper.

Ah yes, i remember those.

They are the reason that i didn't join in the collective meltdown every time the local school had Ofsted in :roll:

The older I get, the better I was.

• Last years comments, "it's evident a lot of time has gone into maintaining the quality procedures"

Well, no. I spent about an hour fannying about with it to make it look presentable.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Last years comments, "it's evident a lot of time has gone into maintaining the quality procedures"

Well, no. I spent about an hour fannying about with it to make it look presentable.

hmmm.

Either I was overthinking it or it's changed a bit. It used to be a bit of stressful ball-ache. I could confusing it with another we had though. They would do a formal check once a year plus an unannounced visit at around 6 months

I just remember that when Mrs Slog or her teachery mates got into the Ofsted mode ("You've got Ofsted coming in? Oh poor you, how are you going to cope? Have you tried Mogadons? Valium?" and so on), I used to point out that I'd had about 6 inspections since they'd last been visited and after any one of them we could have ceased to trade.

:lol:

The older I get, the better I was.

• We've had it for about four years now so I know exactly what's required and to be honest, if the systems run as they should maintinence is minimal.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Minor win for the day - CFO donated their lunchtime tuna and cheese melt to me as they forgot they were getting free food at the next meeting. Apart from that my head hurts due to lots of complex tax problems I am being asked to solve: luckily I know more than anyone else on this so nobody is going to question me that hard :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    was a bit of a later start for me which, while was fun this morning, means finishing later.

The lady friend got her divorce through today so i'm no longer seeing a married woman!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Chris Bass wrote:
    was a bit of a later start for me which, while was fun this morning, means finishing later.

The lady friend got her divorce through today so i'm no longer seeing a married woman!
    Is it as much fun now? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Last years comments, "it's evident a lot of time has gone into maintaining the quality procedures"

Sounds like a lot of subjective bollox really. Here's some spiel:

verify that the management system is in compliance with the relevant ISO standard
    check to ensure that the actions taken to meet the quality objectives of the organisation are suitable
    verify that any problems within the management system have been addressed
    look for any improvements that can be made to the system
    The ISO definition for an audit is:

A systematic and independent examination to determine whether quality activities and related results comply with planned arrangements and whether these arrangements are implemented effectively and are suitable to achieve objectives.
    There are 3 main types of ISO audit:

First Party Audit – also known as an internal audit. These audits are usually conducted internally by your own staff (that are trained to carry out internal audits), or they can be carried out by an external company on your behalf if you do not have the internal resources.
    Second Party Audit – also known as a supplier audit. These audits are usually carried out by lead auditors with your organisation, and are designed to ensure that the companies that supply products/services to you are doing what they say they are doing. Again, these audits can be carried out by an external company if you do not have the internal resources.
    Third Party Audit – also know as a certification audit. These audits are always carried out by a Certification Body auditor. These audits are for the purpose of gaining certification to the relevant ISO standard by an approved body.

Audits can (and sometimes must) be conducted against any of the ISO standards, including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OH&S 18001, AS9100, ISO 13485, TS 16969, ISO

You can pick that to shreds. Anyways. I did all the H&S stuff at work. Risk assessments. They were bollox too. I cobbled the whole lot together in an evening of slog, creativity and coffee. It was given the once over by an inspector and just gathered dust for 7 years. That was bollox too. Sometimes, you just have to do the monkey tricks, isn't that right Stevo?

Me PPP me today me. So much to do. Time flies, there's never enough of it.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Boy's last parents evening done. Much the same as every other one in secondary school but he seems more annoyed by this one. They all said the usual thing of if you want to achieve the next level you have to put the hours in. He seems to have taken that as them saying he can't do it. Bloody kids.
    I seem to have upset the UKIPers with a flippant comment about Lord Farage of Trumpton and I wasn't even trying, excellent.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I seem to have upset the UKIPers with a flippant comment about Lord Farage of Trumpton and I wasn't even trying, excellent.

Be careful - they might take your magical powers away for being naughty. Oh hang on...
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

Is it as much fun now? :)

I'll let you know when it happens :wink:
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Pinno wrote:

Sounds like a lot of subjective bollox really. Here's some spiel:

verify that the management system is in compliance with the relevant ISO standard
    check to ensure that the actions taken to meet the quality objectives of the organisation are suitable
    verify that any problems within the management system have been addressed
    look for any improvements that can be made to the system
    The ISO definition for an audit is:

A systematic and independent examination to determine whether quality activities and related results comply with planned arrangements and whether these arrangements are implemented effectively and are suitable to achieve objectives.
    There are 3 main types of ISO audit:

First Party Audit – also known as an internal audit. These audits are usually conducted internally by your own staff (that are trained to carry out internal audits), or they can be carried out by an external company on your behalf if you do not have the internal resources.
    Second Party Audit – also known as a supplier audit. These audits are usually carried out by lead auditors with your organisation, and are designed to ensure that the companies that supply products/services to you are doing what they say they are doing. Again, these audits can be carried out by an external company if you do not have the internal resources.
    Third Party Audit – also know as a certification audit. These audits are always carried out by a Certification Body auditor. These audits are for the purpose of gaining certification to the relevant ISO standard by an approved body.

Audits can (and sometimes must) be conducted against any of the ISO standards, including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OH&S 18001, AS9100, ISO 13485, TS 16969, ISO

You can pick that to shreds. Anyways. I did all the H&S stuff at work. Risk assessments. They were bollox too. I cobbled the whole lot together in an evening of slog, creativity and coffee. It was given the once over by an inspector and just gathered dust for 7 years. That was bollox too. Sometimes, you just have to do the monkey tricks, isn't that right Stevo?

Me PPP me today me. So much to do. Time flies, there's never enough of it.

Laters.

Passed with flying colours.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Last...presentable.

Sounds...Laters.

Passed with flying colours.

Well, at some time in the future, if you want me to make a whole load of bollox that fits that hat, just let me know.