Specialized command dropper post problems! Lethal!!!

Souster
Souster Posts: 12
edited November 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi

New here, hope this is the right place to put this. :D

I've just bought a used 2016 specialized stumpjumper with a command dropper post.

The post has a real issue, firstly it won't stay up with any weight on it. At 15-20psi pressure! It drops down fast.

Then to bring the post back up, it comes up that violently fast it shoots up and fires into your b*****ks with so much force. You can imagine the pain!!!!! Even if the post didn't drop, there's no way I'd even ride the thing with how fast it comes up, I'd have no b**ls left.

The bike hasn't had much use, but I don't think the previous owner had much clue, and I think he may have damaged it over pressuring it.

Can anyone help please?

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Are you using a reliable shock pump to pump up and measure the pressure?

Is the cable tension ok? If it's too tight the post could drop without much weight on it.

If both the above are ok then are you able to service the post yourself?

The other option is a warranty return if Specialized allow that for 2nd owners.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    hen to bring the post back up, it comes up that violently fast it shoots up and fires into your b*****ks with so much force. You can imagine the pain!!!!! Even if the post didn't drop, there's no way I'd even ride the thing with how fast it comes up, I'd have no b**ls left.

That's just what they're like. Either release it with your arse just over it to slow the rise or stand well clear when doing so. I've got a GD, which are notorious for the return-speed, and it's never been an issue. I much prefer the fast return to my slower Reverb.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Souster wrote:
    I'd have no b**ls left.
    Some may say, given the tone of your post, you haven't got any now? :D
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Is it a ladies bike?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: