VeloVie Vitesse 100 self Build

ascurrell
ascurrell Posts: 1,739
edited November 2016 in Your road bikes
Not exactly up there with some of the super bikes on here but thought I'd show before hibernation for the winter.

In truth I put this together over a couple of years ago from mostly 2nd hand but some new parts. Frame was unused but a few years old [old carbon weave!]
Hardly used though due to health problems. Build came to about £620.

DSCI0807.jpg

DSCI0808.jpg

DSCI0812.jpg

DSCI0811.jpg

DSCI0810.jpg

DSCI0809.jpg

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    If you could get some of the stickers off (I'm guessing they are lacquered over) that would be a well cool retro build with that weave showing...
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Ooooh - and cut the spacers off and slightly tilt the 'bars forward.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ascurrell
    Yes, not a bad idea about the stickers.

Regarding the spacers I've been reluctant to lose them as that's due to the health problems, bi lateral frozen shoulder, had discs replaced in my neck for artificial ones. Oh and suffer from Spondylolisthesis. Likewise why the bars are tilted like that.
    Fully agree in an ideal world though.
    Surprised no one has mentioned the really old Look pedals. As in the photo it weighs 8.4kg. Without pedals and cage 7.81kg
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    I was just about to mention the pedals. Either way, there's nothing particularly wrong with that position visually. As long as it works, that's all that matters..
  • Matthewfalle
    Gear cable loop into rear mech is mahoooosif as well - that can be trimmed down.

Some deep rims would look well smart on that - something like Planet X 80/60 wouldn't break the bank and would look pukka.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ascurrell
    Yes Mathewfalle, that's another thing I need to do. [the cable loop].
    I just checked the Planet X wheels out, I'm afraid your bank is obviously bigger than mine. I couldn't justify paying that sort of money for the wheels, [more than the rest of the whole bike cost!].
    I have got some Fulcrum Quattro's I will probably fit next year, again a good deal.
    I actually found the paper with all the prices I paid for the build and it was in fact £572 not what I listed earlier.

It was an on off project over a few years when my health allowed it, as with the cable loop, never really finished.
    There is some decent kit for the price I paid, the best buy being genuine Zipp slc2 carbon bars from ebay for £13 posted !

The frameset was originally from a shop in Arizona USA [via far east I'm sure]. Bought it unused of here from a guy who was thinking of starting a franchise in the UK and it was a 'sample', obviously it never got off the ground.

Thanks for comments and interest appreciated
  • Matthewfalle
    Carbonzone for wheels then - utter bargains and will well suit the bike.

Buy them. Go on, buy them - you know it makes sense. Buy them now.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.