saturday, it's turtles all the way down

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,529
edited November 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

going to be a nippy ride this morning, some fortifying cafe stops will occur, possibly involving cayke
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    morning

Just enjoying a nice cup of tea and getting ready to test the new chainsaw on the tree's that came down in the winds this week :)

Then it's making a zip wire for the kids - can't wait

Later is out in town with friends and we are meeting them at 6pm, what's the worse that can happen?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    Can I borrow the chainsaw when you're finished with it TLW?

Toots very grumpy day today. Snuffles and slight temperature. Only 9.56am and I have had to dampen down too many arguments. Only 5 hours to go before the relief effort arrives. :roll:

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Pinno wrote:

Toots very grumpy day today.

Sounds a bit drastic Pinno :shock:

You could try the naughty step first :wink:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • May consider a turbo session today, or maybe not.......
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pinno
    City Boy wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Toots very grumpy day today.

Sounds a bit drastic Pinno :shock:

You could try the naughty step first :wink:

The two things are entirely unrelated. I guess some people think differently. Especially those from Moss Side.

My Komatsu Zenoah is just about dead. A decent 2nd had one (pre-washed at 30 deg c with biological washing powder) might set me back a couple of hundred quid. Then I would have at least a weeks work taking out some excess trees and logging them. Never mind chipping the smaller stuff. I talked to a chopper bloke who quoted me £550 to cut, log and chip the lot.
    Now I have to balance the equation and make a decision...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    Took the hound to the park where he nearly managed to snaffle someone's bacon sandwich. Picky sod wouldn't touch his dog food before we went, probably got distracted by next doors mental dog who invaded our garden after a fence panel came unstuck and the chaos started. At least next doors might get round to fixing the bloody fence properly now.

Will get a few jobs done later before we get some Thai grub this evening.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...probably got distracted by next doors mental dog who invaded our garden after a fence panel came unstuck and the chaos started. At least next doors might get round to fixing the bloody fence properly now.

Can't you just let them mingle?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...probably got distracted by next doors mental dog who invaded our garden after a fence panel came unstuck and the chaos started. At least next doors might get round to fixing the bloody fence properly now.

Can't you just let them mingle?
    I would do but they go absolutely ballistic when they get together. Both cockerpoos less than 18 months old. Next doors also might have wondered where their dog was. Turned out their kids had come down to watch cartoons and turfed the dog out into the back garden to get some peace in front of the telly, so were totaly oblivious to the fact that he'd gone awol. I got the parents out of bed to deliver their dog back :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Storm force 10, hissing down.

Walked The Hound in the rain, got home in the rain, looked forlornly for lost Cervelo parts in the garage while it rained.

Now going to do a weights sesh, have dinner, chill out in front of the fire.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    The trial run went well - managed to stay going for the regulation minimum half hour (bit slow mind) and ribs were not grumbling too much. So it's bike time on Monday - bout bloody time too.

Now it's time to peruse the Thai food menu...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Evening all,
    Traditional slow start was had. Bit of pottering in the garage putting some shelves under the bench. Tidier now at least. Fixed the flat on the boys bike as he had lots of work to do. Later nagged him on the importance of maintenance, doubt it will make much difference until I leave it to him. I'm too soft. He'd managed to pull the tube around the wheel so a 4" section was doubled over.
    Popped into town to get the skin's birthday present. Now on Strictly avoidance.