sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited November 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh

may listen to the stooges loud at some point, during the next webex perhaps
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Hot. 35 deg C hot. Did less than usual as a result. May head out for a walk along the coast this evening to the local gelateria.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Temperature display showed the same numbers in the car here this morning Spinner, didn't feel very bloody hot though. Something to do with that pesky decimal point I suspect. The fact that I had my hair cut the other day meant my head was cold. Drove in as I was overcome with a huge attack of CBA. This may have something to do with the last 3 nights out on the beer. Went to watch Arrival at the movies last night. Quite good, bit slow in places and one basic detail that irritates the hell out of me. In the office today as it's Fryday. The cafe will be visited to help maintain my god like figure. Might actually do some work and see how many people I can p!ss off between now and then.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    A barmy 3c here this morning had frozen water on my car an everything this morning! Not much occurring skipped breakfast at home on account of there being nothing sensible to eat. Apparently stirfry isn't a suitable breakfast so im tucking into porridge from the canteen.

Its Pudsey day and an emails already gone out as someone has stolen the prize of a 54" bear so good work on the charity side of things!

Very likely there will be something unhealthy for lunch no idea as yet what that will be, so onward!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    Step83 wrote:
    ...Apparently stirfry isn't a suitable breakfast ...

says who?

stir fried bacon, eggs, sausages, tomatoes and mushrooms, with beans and toast on the side, food of the gods
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Iiiiiiiii'mmmmm dreeeeeaaaaeaming of a whiiiiii... No wait... Slusssshhhhhyyyyyyyyy Chhhristamaaaaaasssssss.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Woke up thinking it was Satdee, fugg
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    lazy morning in bed, arrived at work, watched grand tour, now working, well emailing the broker.

Dinner out tonight crud tomorrow lycra sunday and then a gig sunday night. Not sure I can fit the pub in
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Force 8, hail, horizontal rain, freezing. The woolly pully (complete with epaullette and elbow pads) is out.

Apart from that, weights sesh, chill with bambini and a glass of wine or two later.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    sungod wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    ...Apparently stirfry isn't a suitable breakfast ...

says who?

stir fried bacon, eggs, sausages, tomatoes and mushrooms, with beans and toast on the side, food of the gods

The missus, I was going to happily do some noodles chicken an veg but no. Apparently we must have the standard morning food types.
    So, to annoy her I'll pick up some Weetabix an milk on the way home for "dinner"
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Temperature display showed the same numbers in the car here this morning Spinner, didn't feel very bloody hot though. Something to do with that pesky decimal point I suspect.
    Fahrenheit vs centigrade?

Still quite manic at work despite it being Friday so have just scoffed some sushi to take my mind of things. cider will need to wait until tonight though. Will try running this weekend to see how it goes with the ribs and may go got a pedal to work next week if the run doesn't leaving me need painkillers again.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Might I suggest a hearty red, maybe a Malbec with your cereal?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Might I suggest a hearty red, maybe a Malbec with your cereal?

but being a cyclist it has to be porage - so it's a wee dram on top, and yes have actually had that in a B&B in Dufftown,before a rather good ride over the hills and far away (well past Cardhu, Knockando, Glenlivet and Glenfiddich anyway)
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Temperature display showed the same numbers in the car here this morning Spinner, didn't feel very bloody hot though. Something to do with that pesky decimal point I suspect.

Still quite manic at work despite it being Friday so have just scoffed some sushi to take my mind of things. cider will need to wait until tonight though. Will try running this weekend to see how it goes with the ribs and may go got a pedal to work next week if the run doesn't leaving me need painkillers again.

You fallen off?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    No, all centigrade. 35'C there and 3.5'C here at 7am.
    Cracked ribs take about 6 weeks to heal as I recall. One day you suddenly realise they don't hurt any more. When I properly mashed them it took a bit longer.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Snow over here, all frozen. Lounging about, listening to old punk albums.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

You fallen off?
    Yep, downhill mountain biking accident. I lost an argument with a rock - fortunately a low-ish speed accident otherwise I'd probably be in Cardiff general.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    No, all centigrade. 35'C there and 3.5'C here at 7am.
    Cracked ribs take about 6 weeks to heal as I recall. One day you suddenly realise they don't hurt any more. When I properly mashed them it took a bit longer.
    I was just trying to be a smartarse, didn't work.

Getting better now except for sneezing and coughing - mind you we aren't going downhilling next month now and in someways I'm relieved...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Evening Stoat shaggers and pimps

Me doing more of that stuff again today. Even had a tidy. Do the Welsh say "a bit of a tidy tidy" ?!. Today's big conundrum.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    oxoman wrote:
    Quick trip up to a freezing Llandegla from the tropical 3 degrees of south derbyshire this morning. One quick lap around the red and black was enough to freeze my toes and turn something into a tictac. Best bit warming up in cafe with a brew. Night ride with youngest tonight. No kids training and wife doing her wifely duties and ironing.

Shoot weather, I was at degla last weekend in shorts
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Some people think it's shorts weather here at the moment but 21c is definitely long sleeves and at least three quarters on the pins, mad fkrs :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    I dunno, the youth of today...Rick has completely ignored my kind offer of alternative employment :D
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I dunno, the youth of today...Rick has completely ignored my kind offer of alternative employment :D

Explain the perks...
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Explain the perks...
    The chance to learn from the tax Jedi?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Explain the perks...

'Tax Jedi'. [Insert face palm gif]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Explain the perks...

'Tax Jedi'. [Insert face palm gif]
    Actually the 'Tax Terminator' is more appropriate :P
  • pinno
    Those special Jedi powers didn't prevent you breaking ribs.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    In my case 'The Force' is gravity.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    In my case 'The Force' is gravity.

Gravitational tax breaks?

I'll get my coat.