Bike for 3 year old

CAT69
CAT69 Posts: 376
edited November 2016 in Family & kids cycling forum
I have a 3 year old grandaughter and looking to buy her 1st bike for christmas...can anyone recomend a decent one with stabilizers please.

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    CAT69 wrote:
    I have a 3 year old grandaughter and looking to buy her 1st bike for christmas...can anyone recomend a decent one with stabilizers please.

General concensus now is that stabilisers are unhelpful - if she has not yet had a balance bike, that would be my first recommendation - well known makes are Frog, Islabikes, and more recently Hoy and Wiggins.

Stabilisers gives them no concept of balance, as they have no need to.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • CAT69
    Thanks daniel...she has had a balance bike and loves it so just stepping it up a bit.
    Do they have the hoy in small sizes
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    CAT69 wrote:
    Thanks daniel...she has had a balance bike and loves it so just stepping it up a bit.
    Do they have the hoy in small sizes

Yes they do, sold exclusively through Evans, and Wiggins sold exclusively through Halfords IIRC - Frog are deffo worth a look as are Islabikes though, someone else may come on with some other suggestions hopefully.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • CAT69
    Ok daniel thankyou for that
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I have a Frog and an Islabike at that age and the Islabikes are expensive, but are imho much better than the Frogs - not least because the Frog I have does not have a chain guard. i think the smallest Islabike will go smaller than the smallest Frog as well...