club in bracknell/wokingham area?

markjbanks
markjbanks Posts: 87
edited November 2016 in Amateur race
hi, new to road cycling and looking for a club in the bracknell/wokingham area to join.? many thanks

Comments

• Mark, there is no club in the Bracknell Wokingham area, the nearest is either Thames Velo (Maidenhead) or Reading CC.

You can always start one if you want I'll be your first customer. :)

Wherabouts are you exactly ???

Russ
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    edited February 2009
    Go with the Velo - its my old club and highly recommended. I used to live in Wokingham and the club rides usually go from Knowl Hill, on the A4. Also, their kit is nicer than Reading's.. ;)

Both are good, friendly clubs though - you will be welcomed in either, I'm sure...
  • Hi Mark, i live in Bracknell and am a member of Reading CC. They are a great club and very active although if you're joining mostly for the club runs, you might want to factor in whether you can manage the extra mileage (or could drive) into Reading to meet up. All of the evening TTs are south of Reading, so easily accessible from Wokingham or Bracknell.
  • im in warfield so maidenhead is probley a lil closer, many want to do club ride and maybe a bit of racing. thanks again
  • I know this thread is quite old, but there has been a cycling club in Wokingham for a couple of years. For more information check out their website: www.wokinghamcc.org.uk

The club rides are brilliant and they are very friendly and welcoming.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Booking a place on a club ride - really?
  • Markylong wrote:
    I know this thread is quite old, but there has been a cycling club in Wokingham for a couple of years. For more information check out their website: http://www.wokinghamcc.org.uk

The club rides are brilliant and they are very friendly and welcoming.

Talk about taking any fun out of the sport! And they have got 'car up' the wrong way round. If they are going to be so obsessive on their rules and regulations, maybe they should use the same calls as every other group ride on the planet!!
  • And they have got 'car up' the wrong way round. If they are going to be so obsessive on their rules and regulations, maybe they should use the same calls as every other group ride on the planet!!

Oh no they haven't!
  • Bondurant wrote:
    Oh no they haven't!

It's behind you!

(actually that would kind of work as a call for cars, lol)
  • Bondurant wrote:
    And they have got 'car up' the wrong way round. If they are going to be so obsessive on their rules and regulations, maybe they should use the same calls as every other group ride on the planet!!

Oh no they haven't!

Oh yes they have