Angora Knitwear is still available (WARNING upsetting scenes)

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited November 2016 in The cake stop
Angora knitwear is still available to buy at some retailers. Unless they can guarantee an ethical source, this is just a little reminder why you shouldn't buy that fluffy jumper for your other half at Christmas.

*WARNING clip contains upsetting scenes.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdagI7aDAsU
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Absolutely shocking and disgusting how people inflict such cruelty.

BTW. Didn't click the link as I am pretty sure what it will show.

enhanced-buzz-10497-1358187329-5.jpg?no-auto
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    90% of angora fur comes from China. This is where film clip comes from.
    What is it with the Chinese and animal cruelty, decimation of wild life species and human rights ?
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Mr Goo wrote:
    90% of angora fur comes from China. This is where film clip comes from.
    What is it with the Chinese and animal cruelty, decimation of wild life species and human rights ?

To be fair, it's not just wild life and human rights - China is dreadful in so many ways.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    The good news is that there is growing support for animal welfare laws in China - unfortunately that's going to come way too late for hundreds of millions of animals :cry:
  • I heard the whole society is kind of hardened to suffering. Someone who travelled for several months through China told me that. People hitting others, as in beating them is not frowned on. Other stories but ultimately they said it was just through the whole society. Like they are hardened to suffering and violence.