Garmin 1000 not loading and updating to Strava

AudiRS6
AudiRS6 Posts: 4
edited November 2016 in Road general
Help required

I have a Garmin Edge 1000 which is not uploading the last two rides, having previously done so to Strava(Free membership not premium).

In addition my last two outing whilst saved in the Garmin edge 100 are saving the date as simply today and is not in the passage of time updating to the actual date.

Advice on correcting these please

Comments

• wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    Have you tried uploading manually (plugging the Edge into a computer and navigating to the fit filt in question from the Strava upload page)?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Are you pressing the START button on the Edge when you first set off and STOP when ride completed ? This will enable the Edge to record your ride in its internal memory . When you press stop it will prompt you with save or discard ride - Save your ride and once you are either connected to a smartphone via Bluetooth or at home on your wifi it will will upload to strava ...... but you sure you have set up your wifi and Bluetooth connection on the edge and input your strava account on the Garmin connect app / desktop site

If you haven't done the above it won't upload to strava

I have the Edge 1000 performance and use strava free account and it uploads ok
  • mrtn
    mrtn Posts: 24
    I think I had the same problem recently with firmware 10.0. The ride loads to Garmin Connect but not to Strava. When uploading the fit file from the Edge manually to Strava, there was an error message that time data in the fit file is corrupt (date of the ride was 2019 or something if you look into the file). After upload error, Strava then offered a solution to correct the fit file, just choose the link which says to change time of the ride manually. That solved the problem and the file uploaded OK.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    When did you update the Garmin ?

There is an update available to version 11.10
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    Mine will sometimes not upload over wifi. Solution is to hold the power button down and it will reset itself. Always uploads fine after that.

Never had date issues.
  • I've had date issues with my Garmin 1000 (see another thread on Workshop)

Mine loaded to Garmin and I thought not to Strava until I found it at a different time than I was expecting.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Folk

Thanks

All resolved now

Done an update via my pc
    Went outside and located the satelites /gps

and he presto now up loading to Strava

Thanks again
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    I'm really starting to believe that there are no cyclist on this forum. Only geeky people with computer game problems.
  • dennisn wrote:
    I'm really starting to believe that there are no cyclist on this forum. Only geeky people with computer game problems.
    Au contraire - the geeky people don't have the problems... It's all the bleeding cyclists that aren't geeky that have the problems with the computer related stuff :)
  • dennisn wrote:

Says the guy on the Internet forum.... :? :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    dennisn wrote:
    Au contraire - the geeky people don't have the problems... It's all the bleeding cyclists that aren't geeky that have the problems with the computer related stuff :)
    Your argument fails because your geeky cyclists don't really exist. They are simply people playing video games.
  • Yeah, we could have some real cycling threads like, ooh, I dunno:
    - whether we should wear helmets
    - leg strength for climbing
    - semi-compact gearing
    - disc brakes on road bikes
    - single-sided power meters
    - which tyres are best
    - whether <insert successful pro> doped
    - whether ice/gravel/leaves/mud is slippery
    - something related to The Daily Mail
    - and so on...