monday, thumbscrews and nooses of the very finest rope

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited November 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, office, a new week dawns at globalmegacorp, well, except for those in mea where it began yesterday

hoping after a day on the rim at 12bar the tub will be stretched enough to get glued on later
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Hope its silky rope, chafes muchly otherwise.

Anyway yay damp soggy Monday. Other half was yammering on at my about some gumph yesterday when I came back from an attempted club ride. put my card licence and some cash down which I spent a good hour looking for, still cant find it so somewhat irked this morning added to the non existent club ride I set up where no one bothered to show or let me know they wouldn't.
    Miserable covers today my mood an weather, I'm debating which morons going to get a banana thrown at them first.
  • Morning interneteers, its a bit wet up ere. Moist for want of a better word.

The planned health kick failed this morning as I didn't selt the alarm early enough for the gym, that'll probably be tomorrow instead.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Me waiting for a bloke to phone Travis Perkins who will then call me to say that the Celotex order has arrived so that I can get on with some work me. Don't trust the look of the impending weather.

'Silk' Flaneur?! I see, you're into a bit of soft S&M.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • More insulating? You should probably buy some shares.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    It's soundproofing. So no one can hear the screams...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Ballysmate wrote:
    It's soundproofing. So no one can hear the screams...

When he gets the invoice
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Has Flan deleted a post about a bondage session?
    Working from home again today, somewhat lacking in motivation. Back in the office full time from 1st December, trying to get a bit more structure around the girl's day so other people can do a bit of ferrying about. Very lucky my parents are fairly local.
    I didn't set the alarm for the gym either. I have been to a gym once, didn't think much of it.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Has Flan deleted a post about a bondage session?

I think he did, unless Pinno was referring to my post.

I had to move my car at lunch due to something about it not being appropriately parked. considering were parking on a field at the moment I'm not sure what they are waffling about so I moved it which suitable amounts of right foot which have resulted in lots of mud being flung about and tyre tracks. No one will no its was me though not like it would have caked the side of my car at all :lol:

Brightened up my day though...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    One of those days...still no pedalling and too many idiots to deal with at work. Need to plan a Christmas Wales trip to cheer myself up - assuming that the ribs heal up in time...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I posted about a bondage session? sleep typing, better not have been an open invite either.

anyway hello and now back to the joy of finding a broker and a solicitor. Any recommendations taken given neither have to be within throttling reach
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    More insulating? You should probably buy some shares.

Humph. I should buy shares in Kingspan instead. Got call from bloke who ordered me some Celotex through his account (much cheaper) to say that haven't got the 1200 x 450 x 50 sheets (mm) because the Celotex factory had a fire over the weekend. Could only happen to me. However, 2400 x 1200 x 50 were being offered at the same price per meter sq. so took that quick before stocks run low. More cutting but hey ho.

Celotex bill £540 so far. FWIW.

That'll teach me for not using the quoting function vis-a-vis the Flan post.

Laters.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    oxoman wrote:
    Back home from first of three after a shift from hell. No dad's taxis tonight for a change, someone threw up in the pool. Good news though degla or brenin planned for Friday, weather dependent. Now chilling in the bath beer in hand awaiting other half to scrub my back. Evening all.

Brenin. Says the guy going to Degla on saturday (more so i can use the jet wash after)
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • £540 isn't so bad looking at what you've done so far.

We had an energy performance cert done for project profit and one reccomendation was that we have the solid floor insulated. Estimated cost of the work, 4 - 6 grand. Projected saving over 3 years, £150.

I'd say you'll see a better return than that.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    £540 isn't so bad looking at what you've done so far.

...and that will be just about it for the Celotex. I think I saved around £400 by going through a mate. He works in the Leeds area. Orders from Travis Perkins here and get's Leed's prices :shock: I have an account with TP but I don't get the sort of discounts he gets.
    We had an energy performance cert done for project profit and one reccomendation was that we have the solid floor insulated. Estimated cost of the work, 4 - 6 grand. Projected saving over 3 years, £150.

Eeek! That's a poor return for the outlay. Drill holes at 20" intervals and squirt expanding foam into the floor. Providing there a 'sandwich' to put it into.
    Luckily I haven't got a sprung (suspended) floor as it's an old cottage - solid concrete.

Bumped into an old friend who I remembered did a bit of plastering at the house years ago. He's good and though semi-retired, is going to help me. I'm off on a plastering course. Think i'll save a bit there too. I can do bits but never done Ames taping and jointing, so another learning curve...
  • pinno
    Anyway, it came back to me: Flan said (in reference to the thread title) something along the lines of 'Not silk?' - as opposed to rope.

Then my quip about soft S&M. Then he deleted his post?! The date is starting to manipulate his mind...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Pinno wrote:
    Anyway, it came back to me: Flan said (in reference to the thread title) something along the lines of 'Not silk?' - as opposed to rope.

Then my quip about soft S&M. Then he deleted his post?! The date is starting to manipulate his mind...
    Or tying him up in the basement in case he tries to escape.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]