Mr Goo's new avatar

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,474
edited November 2016 in The bottom bracket
Technical build 3/10

Political correctness 1/10

Excellent p155 take Priceless

I'm just amazed "the Donald" still has time to post on bike radar as I'd thought the Donald would be busy sending kill teams out.

Or is it just me see a likeness in political leaning? :wink:
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    wikipedia description of the pointy hats...
    The pointed hat was worn by clowns and jugglers who wanted to portray clumsiness or stupidity during medieval times. Because of this, pointed hats were used when vexing criminals. The criminals were forced to wear pointed hats and walk through the streets, while people threw rotten vegetables at them, spat on them, and insulted them.
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Slowmart wrote:
    Excellent p155 take Priceless
    This.

The Donald seems to be fighting battles on multiple fronts, he was getting driven 'up the wall' just yesterday :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    i noticed he sat on the fence too
  • ...is in poor taste. I like it.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Slowmart wrote:
    Or is it just me see a likeness in political leaning? :wink:
    Not just you.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    edited November 2016
    I feel honoured and humbled to receive the accolade of a thread on my avatar.
    I'd like to thank my manager, my agent, my partner, children and family for all their support. A special mention shoild go to Rick Chasey and Surrey Commuter for their inspiration. If not for them I would not be circulating in such esteemed company.

I thank you.

Note
    The Bike Radar police have asked me to remove the wording. Which would mean it loses its p155 taking message.
    New one coming up.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • sungod
    that's a shame

fwiw i liked it

you could add a smiley

image.png
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Are you requesting ideas?

I resized it to 80 pixels for you :D

74D9445B-B181-4FED-A63E-ACA646B8372E.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • slowmart
    Shall we start a petition to keep Goo's avatar?

1. Free speech
    2. Artistic merit in a desert of blandness, conformity and political correctness.
    3. Fair comment.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • mr_goo
    team47b wrote:
    Are you requesting ideas?

I resized it to 80 pixels for you :D

74D9445B-B181-4FED-A63E-ACA646B8372E.jpg

Bravo. I doff my hat to you. For surely you are the funniest man in all of Europe.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    that's a shame

fwiw i liked it

you could add a smiley

image.png
    :lol:

Go for it Goo. Either that or 'Millie Tant' from Viz.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    Blimey Goo, " Bravo" originated in 18th C Italy and shouldn't be used by any right thinking, speaking English person. You'll be having shop signs in Celt, Welsh and Polish next ;-)

"Good Show" is a more English congratulatory phrase.

Desmond Tutu
  • mr_goo
    Slowmart wrote:
    Blimey Goo, " Bravo" originated in 18th C Italy and shouldn't be used by any right thinking, speaking English person. You'll be having shop signs in Celt, Welsh and Polish next ;-)

Just proves how cosmopolitan and culturally embracing I am.
  • slowmart
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:

Just proves how cosmopolitan and culturally embracing I am.

Your becoming less British by the hour ... :lol:

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Here you go:
    tumblr_mv89seLciw1r7pphso1_500.jpg

The text might not be readable in an avatar, but it is quite relevant.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    How about something along these lines:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKU5o64H8QMrTYmtCFQsqnSI060ZbkiG1JGncJJSIKkMGhFdqC-A
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pity avatars aren't bigger otherwise this one might be OK

097_04232014_08-43.jpg
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    How about this with some wording, "My Hero":

_86685392_000415222-1.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Any chance of adding a burning cross to that there avatar with the words "ciao UKiboy" emblazoned on it? Fantastically racist comments in the "do you recognize Britain" thread...
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    Any chance of adding a burning cross to that there avatar with the words "ciao UKiboy" emblazoned on it? Fantastically racist comments in the "do you recognize Britain" thread...

avb.png

not enough room for that much text, unless the smiley goes, which'd change the intent - he's smiling because he's an infiltrator, and he's just spiked the klanburgers with anthrax
  • mr_goo
    Now an homage to comrade Corbyn.... who I think is a hero for a certain person on here.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Now an homage to comrade Corbyn.... who I think is a hero for a certain person on here.

has to be Stevo
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sungod
    Mr Goo wrote:

it's a bit plain after the previous one, though the dialectical ambiguity of the corbyn/israel juxtaposition offers scope to wind up completely different sectors :D