Anyone else frustrated by the forum page jumping a few seconds after loading a page.

As it says, you load a page see a topic you want to click on and before you know it the page has jumped about a quarter of a page and you open a completely different topic. A shortcomming in the forum. Probably due to ads loading up.

Very annoying, and who ever clicks on these ads anyway?

Comments

• Hey Salty Seadog,

You are correct, the jump is due to the ad loading and different ads being different sizes. We are aware of this and are discussing solutions at the moment.

You may find the ads annoying, but ultimately they pay for the forum and without them there wouldn't be a forum.

I hope you understand and have a great weekend.

Cheers.
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • joshjevans wrote:
    Hey Salty Seadog,

You are correct, the jump is due to the ad loading and different ads being different sizes. We are aware of this and are discussing solutions at the moment.

You may find the ads annoying, but ultimately they pay for the forum and without them there wouldn't be a forum.

I hope you understand and have a great weekend.

Cheers.

Some browsers seem to handle it better, I used to use Firefox but it jumps here and elsewhere, so I switched back to Safari on the laptop, iPad and iPhone doesn't seem to jump.

I do have a blocker, but I whitelist sites unless they are truly awful the independent I'm looking at you!
  • ade555
    ade555 Posts: 216
    As it says, you load a page see a topic you want to click on and before you know it the page has jumped about a quarter of a page and you open a completely different topic. A shortcomming in the forum. Probably due to ads loading up.

Very annoying, and who ever clicks on these ads anyway?

Use Firefox and add extention uBlock origin, will block any ads on most webside :D