Anyone know of any Kickr deals?

rudivoller22
rudivoller22 Posts: 492
Hi

Looking for a Kickr - not bothered old or new version. Just wondering if anyone has seen at good deals before I get one from Wiggle? I'd love a Neo but can't justify the extra few hundred quid. (Kickr is e pensive enough!)

Cheers

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    If you have a BC membership, you can get discount (10%?) at CRC I think - even if you don't have a membership, it might be worth joining to get the discount.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • shmooster
    shmooster Posts: 335
    If you want direct drive have you considered waiting for the TacX Flux? quite a bit cheaper than the Kickr at £639 from Sigma (pre-order, due 11th November), might be worth checking out.
  • I have the exact same question. Really want to pull the trigger on a kickr but worried that I may buy one and 4 weeks later it's discounted in the black Friday sale. The logical part of my brain says that this isn't the type of product that they have trouble shifting and therefore it's unlikely to be discounted by much. Perhaps the older model will if they are looking to shift it although would prefer the newer model for better power accuracy. Even contacted Wiggle to ask but all they could confirm was that there would be BF sales but couldn't confirm what products would be discounted.

Like you, I can't justify the extra £180 for the Neo ( and then you have to buy a cassette!)

Anyone know of any other UK retailers stocking the kickr other than Wiggle, Sigma Sport and CRC?
  • Irohug5
    Irohug5 Posts: 74
    I'm in the same boat and probably leaning towards the kickr too. Can't believe there aren't any better deals on the old model. Generally only seems to be about £50 less. I'd be happy to take the original one if a decent deal came up.
  • What's the recommended direct drive trainer if I already have a power meter
  • Black-t wrote:
    What's the recommended direct drive trainer if I already have a power meter

It doesn't matter really as most direct drive trainers will measure power too but you can still use your power meter as long as it isn't hub based of course.
  • I got the snap from Sigma Sport for £470 including training mat (worth £55) and HRM (worth £30ish).
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I was put off the original kickr by the tone it made but have finally tried out the newer model and the difference in sound is significant. Given its a fair bit of £££ I have spent hours reading reviews and have tried both kickrs and the elite drivo (didn't like it). The tacx flux looks good value but that has been delayed again, the Neo looks class but finally I have decided the new kickr is the one.
    Now the price dilemma. The best price at the moment seems to be wiggle with the platinum discount. However, with black Friday & Xmas approaching I'm wondering if there will be any better discounts / deals, in particular, will there be an offer on the cave bundle like there has been previously.
    At the same time though I'm cautious that the price could actually go up with the current instability of the pound and the brexit situation.

I am leaning towards just buying it but if anyone does find any really good deals over the next few days please do tell :-)
  • Second guessing what the market is going to do is a mugs game. If you've made your decision better to just go ahead with it.
  • redvision
    Second guessing what the market is going to do is a mugs game. If you've made your decision better to just go ahead with it.

Yeah, think you're right.
  • redvision wrote:
    I was put off the original kickr by the tone it made but have finally tried out the newer model and the difference in sound is significant. Given its a fair bit of £££ I have spent hours reading reviews and have tried both kickrs and the elite drivo (didn't like it). The tacx flux looks good value but that has been delayed again, the Neo looks class but finally I have decided the new kickr is the one.
    Now the price dilemma. The best price at the moment seems to be wiggle with the platinum discount. However, with black Friday & Xmas approaching I'm wondering if there will be any better discounts / deals, in particular, will there be an offer on the cave bundle like there has been previously.
    At the same time though I'm cautious that the price could actually go up with the current instability of the pound and the brexit situation.

I am leaning towards just buying it but if anyone does find any really good deals over the next few days please do tell :-)
    I'm in exactly the same boat as you Redvision. I'm desperate to pull the trigger on a kickr but have been waiting for Black Friday. Realistically I don't think the new version will be discounted but I'm half expecting version 1 to be potentially subject to some deals as they try to offload the existing stock. Think I'd prefer the new version for the increased accuracy etc but wondering how much cheaper version 1 would need to be to make it a compelling deal. Anyone got any thoughts?
  • Why not buy one now, and then if there is a good deal when within 30 days, you can buy another one and return the first one.
  • jasonbrim wrote:
    Why not buy one now, and then if there is a good deal when within 30 days, you can buy another one and return the first one.

Probably a good idea. I'm sure that the older model will be discounted in the upcoming sales and despite the upgrades I'd probably go with the original if the price drops low enough.

Also interesting to see what, if any, effect the Flux had on the price of the Neo when it's finally available.
  • Wiggle Platinum pricing for Kickr:

V1 £836
    V2 £880

Don't know if that's regular pricing or not, but Wiggle suggests £999 normal price for the V2

HTH
  • So. Anyone seen any Black Friday deals then?
  • Hi

Looking for a Kickr - not bothered old or new version. Just wondering if anyone has seen at good deals before I get one from Wiggle? I'd love a Neo but can't justify the extra few hundred quid. (Kickr is e pensive enough!)

Cheers
    The extra few hundred? At the moment the new Kickr is selling for £999 at all high street cycling retailers. Neo is discounted at £1057. It is not a huge difference. Yes, you get a cassette with the Kickr, but what if it is not the same size as the one you have on your wheel? You can always get a cheap-ish second hand if you don't want to spend dough on a new one.
  • The downhill drive alone is worth the extra £58
  • vpnikolov wrote:
    Hi

Cheers
    The extra few hundred? At the moment the new Kickr is selling for £999 at all high street cycling retailers. Neo is discounted at £1057. It is not a huge difference. Yes, you get a cassette with the Kickr, but what if it is not the same size as the one you have on your wheel? You can always get a cheap-ish second hand if you don't want to spend dough on a new one.

Kickr is about 860 in a couple of places. £200 is a lot for downhill drive. Neo dropped to 850 on Amazon but I missed it so kind of hanging on to see what Black Friday deals pop up. I'd be happy with the Neo/Kickr/Drivo.
    I'd also be happy with a second hand one of any of those but not many popping up.
  • You are looking at the old Kickr which is considerably louder than the Neo as well. If noise is not an issue for you, the old one will definitely fit your needs.
  • vpnikolov wrote:
    You are looking at the old Kickr which is considerably louder than the Neo as well. If noise is not an issue for you, the old one will definitely fit your needs.

New one can be picked up for 860. £870 on wiggle with platinum discount. That's mainly what I'm comparing against bit sound not an issue so if I find the older one cheaper I'd be happy with that. At the moment there is only about £50 difference between older and newer model so I'd pay the extra for the upgraded one
  • ... for the lucky immortals with a platinum discount. :)

I will use the turbo in my room so need to be considerate of my house mates.

I shall consider using only Wiggle going forward. Quite a nice discount.
  • snakedoc
    snakedoc Posts: 200
    Amazon have reduced the tacx neo to £851.73
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/ol/B0112 ... dition=new
  • snakedoc wrote:
    Amazon have reduced the tacx neo to £851.73
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/ol/B0112 ... dition=new

Ordered one - thanks for the link
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    Me too, many thanks for the link.
    I was going to pay £750 for a reconditioned Kickr but that price was too good. Though I am now having second thoughts on the amount itself :shock: :roll:

And now I see a refurb kickr is £650!
  • bobinski wrote:
    Me too, many thanks for the link.
    I was going to pay £750 for a reconditioned Kickr but that price was too good. Though I am now having second thoughts on the amount itself :shock: :roll:

And now I see a refurb kickr is £650!

If the reviews are true it's worth it!!
  • nicklong
    nicklong Posts: 231
    Picked up a Kickr Snap from CRC with BC discount and Quidco Black Friday cashback for £345...
  • redvision
    nicklong wrote:
    Picked up a Kickr Snap from CRC with BC discount and Quidco Black Friday cashback for £345...

Me too!
    I desperately wanted a kickr 2 and had been holding out for black Friday thinking they might be on offer, but this offer was too tempting.

Just hope I don't regret not getting the full kickr :?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I got myself a kickr 2. It's great!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    10% OFF ACROSS WAHOO SITE but not applicable to already reduced items.