Mudguard mounted rear light

redvee
redvee Posts: 11,922
edited November 2016 in Road buying advice
I had a PDW Fenderbot that passed away recently and now have a reflector in the holes left behind. I want something to replace the PDW light but would prefer USB rechargable. Does such a light for the mudguard exist?
I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.

Comments

• wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    No details, but following as i like my fenderbot and always intrigued with alternatives....
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • azzurri78
    azzurri78 Posts: 104
    I've been looking for alternatives to the fenderbot too (even though I haven't actually used one). My
    reasoning is that I didn't think it's bright enough for city commuting. But maybe you guys can tell me otherwise.

Anyway - its not USB but I did find the attached when googling which seemed to tick the boxes https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/lighting/busch-muller-secula-rear-light-mudguard-fitting/

Apparently there is a dynamo version too.
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    I run the Dynamo version on my winter commuter. I use it in tandem with a 70 lumen flasher on the seatpost. The secula appears like a small strip from a distance I think on understanding this allows drivers to best assess distance/how far away you are- well, at least those that care. It's a good light, visible and in Dynamo form highly resistant to water ingress.