2016 Cervelo S3 vs Argon 18 Nitrogen Framesets

justarider
justarider Posts: 3
edited November 2016 in Road buying advice
Is this a like-for-like comparison of mid-tier Aero frames? It'll be used for racing next year

I've a Dura-ace 9000 mechanical groupset to throw on it. Brakes being the bike difference - have seen mixed reviews of the direct mount on the Nitrogen.

I'm also tempted by the Bianchi Oltre X2 but it's a bit more pricey

Comments

• joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    Ooh, following this thread - I've got my eye on the Nitrogen too, but hadn't considered the S3...
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    If you consider the Oltre XR2 the XR1 is almost identical and a fair bit cheaper. Team Lotto Jumbo even used the 1 over the 2 a few times in the pro peloton so its not a lower quality option
  • noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    If you consider the Oltre XR2 the XR1 is almost identical and a fair bit cheaper. Team Lotto Jumbo even used the 1 over the 2 a few times in the pro peloton so its not a lower quality option

It is a lower quality item, that's why it's considerably cheaper :wink:
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    noodleman wrote:

It is a lower quality item, that's why it's considerably cheaper :wink:

Fair one but its still a pro quality frameset or they wouldn't have used it.
  • Looks like the 2016 Cervelo S3 is no longer available, rang a shop yesterday and they can't get it from the supplier, new model on the way