Aero seat post rear lights

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited October 2016 in Road general
What rear lights do you guys recommend that fit aero seat posts?

Cheers
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• ccc
    ccc Posts: 193
    Using a Giant Numen Aero Plus at the moment. Works flawlessly, nice and bright and good battery life too.

This one - https://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/gear/product/giant.numen.aero.plus.tl/582/54774/
    Eyes on the prize.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited October 2016
    Cateye do an aero post adapter that means any of the Rapid X rear lights fit.

It only comes with the Rapid X2 I think, but it fits the normal Rapid X (which is slimmer) perfectly and is not a faff (as the word adapter implies) to use.
  • I use a Lezyne Strip Drive Pro.

It will go round an aero seat post nicely but I actually put my on the frame at the top of the seat tube on my Propel.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Don't bother with a seat post one, use one that mounts to saddle rails.
  • Exposure TraceR with the saddle rail mount
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Exposure TraceR with the saddle rail mount

+1
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    edited October 2016
    See Sense make an aero seatpost mount for their excellent Icon rear light.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • The new Knog MOB lights now come with different length (and replaceable) bands, this works for me.
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    Cheers guys thanks for the information
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • The_Wicker_Man
    The_Wicker_Man Posts: 338
    edited November 2016
    I have a Infini Blade COB which I switch between my summer bike and planet x TT bike

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxkpmlu8dfjKancyMjZUcVlxbTQ
  • Exposure TraceR with the saddle rail mount

I have a TraceR for commuting and it's a great light, but the Scorpion is worth the extra money IMO for TTs on busy roads.
  • Dan Walton wrote:
    I use a Lezyne Strip Drive Pro.

It will go round an aero seat post nicely but I actually put my on the frame at the top of the seat tube on my Propel.

I got one of these, great light
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    The moon range of lights now come with saddle rails and adjustable aero seatpost mounts
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.