2nd hand frame dilemmas

mac9091
mac9091 Posts: 196
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
Afternoon all, i am in the market for a new (well different) bike, I already have a saddle i am happy with, wheels are also good and plan to purchase a new 105 5800 groupset. Therefore that leaves a frame and finishing kit, although i'm happy to bring that across if it fits (or upgrade at a later date) but i doubt it will, sods law and all that.

My confusion comes with what region of prices i should consider a frameset a good deal should i see one. I was just watching a Cube Arial frameset, seatpost, bars, stem and headset go for £99. Now i refrained from bidding but i thought this was a pretty good deal (a great deal would have been £75 or less)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cube-Aerial-F ... true&rt=nc

I have also been eyeing up a carbon boardman frame (can get forks for £40 providing they are suitable) with a price tag of £200, now i consider this to be a borderline great deal, (great if the forks and headset were included) but as no one else has bought it yet it leaves me thinking "have i missed something"?

If someone would be kind enough to agree or disagree with my two thoughts on the two frames that would be very much appreciated as then at least i would have an idea of how well i am valuing bike frames.

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    A quick google suggests that's the going rate for that Cube, it's quite an old model now.

As for the Boardman, it begs the question, why no fork? Crashed?
  • mac9091
    iPete wrote:
    1. A quick google suggests that's the going rate for that Cube, it's quite an old model now.

2. As for the Boardman, it begs the question, why no fork? Crashed?

1. Yes noticed that but the listing included the other bits of kit as well.

2. Doubtful going by the listed condition, the name of the seller and other items for sale.
  • mac9091
    Damn you!

Come on own up who bought the carbon boardman? :D