MTB Questionnaire

JackHuddleston6
JackHuddleston6 Posts: 12
edited October 2016 in MTB buying advice
I am looking to gain some feedback for a university project based on mountain bikes and have designed a short questionnaire.

Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Please follow the link below:
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MG588GH

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Question 1 wouldn't let me tick more than one answer.

I couldn't get any further.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Ditto questions 2 and 3.

And who actually carries 'luggage' on a mountain bike?

Bit of a fail really.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    cooldad wrote:

I don't think he cares "who" carries it, he just wants to know if you carry it where do you put it
  • cooldad wrote:
    Ditto questions 2 and 3.

Bit of a fail really.

There's the "other, please specify" for anything else.
    Hard to imagine you'd go out without some sort of a luggage when going for multi-day rides. A blanket and a towel at the very least, plus lots of water capacity and some snacks.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Luggage is a strange word to use when cycling, that's all. It's a well known stat that 99.99875875421% of all bike rides are 1 day or less.

But mainly it doesn't allow for multiple options, so the answer to all questions are 'It depends'.

That's what I answered, but assume it won't be very useful data.

A badly thought out survey is pointless, and one would hope that at university level a bit more thought/effort should go into designing one.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • No argument there. I carry as little stuff on my bike as possible, but I do have a frame triangle bag at all times (I rarely go for rides shorter than 50km and wallet, phone, keys and at least one candy bar are a must in case the ride gets longer than expected). I do occasionally go for rides over 120km or for camping rides and then my first priority is to avoid needing a backpack.

In my experience with other similar survey type projects, the main point is to get whatever data, quality or usefulness of it is often a secondary concern.