Spectral vs jeffsy

jonnyashworth
jonnyashworth Posts: 547
edited October 2016 in MTB buying advice
I am going to order up my new bike today at lunchtime but really cant decide between the jeffsy carbon comp 1 or the 2016 spectral cf 9.0 ex.

Its just going to be used for general trail riding in devon and somerset and the odd trip to wales.
Opinions desperately needed because i just cant choose between them.
Yeti SB66c 2013

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    If you really want to go German, I'd have the Rose Granite Chief over either of them.
    For that sort of money, I'd definitely go for either a Transition Scout or Banshee Spitfire and get one of the best trail frames available.
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    I choosed the jeffsy al it's more aggressive than the spectral and it's a 29er, never tried the spectral but would not touch canyon, to many complain on their bad customer service, YT so far have been great as I had an issue with my shock which they warranty it. A good friend has a rose uncle jimbo great build quality and it's a blast to ride, very plush but on the small side for my taste.
    with rose or yt you win :D
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • Yakboy
    Yakboy Posts: 55
    I'll just pop in a good word for Canyon customer service. Over 4 years of Canyon ownership I have had excellent customer service with components replaced without quibble and very quickly. Canyon went through a very bad patch when they moved factories but I believe things are much better now. I Have loved my Nerve 9.0 and am now on a Strive CF 8.0 which is awesome. I ride with people on Spectrals and they only have good things to say about them.
    But you know what there are very little bad bikes these days, so whatever you choose I am sure you will have a blast
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Friend of mine (who I promised not to call chunky) cracked the frame on his Nerve. Three months later, and much hassling, he's still waiting for the promised replacement, and that includes taking it in to the UK service centre himself.

He's bought a Bird now.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools