The Missus bought me a new dropper post...

doomanic
doomanic Posts: 238
edited November 2016 in Your mountain bikes
...that was attached to this;

mega.jpg

:D

Off to the FoD tomorrow to get it dirty.

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    doomanic wrote:

Tomorrow?!
    Go now!

Looks nice. Mega 275 Race?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • doomanic
    JBA wrote:
    doomanic wrote:

Tomorrow?!
    Go now!
    Can't, engagement party tonight (not mine) so the LHG has the day off and I have to spend quality time with her.
    JBA wrote:
    Looks nice. Mega 275 Race?
    Yep. :D

Spent a few hours today applying frame tape and guesstimating the suspension settings.
  • doomanic
    Today was freaking awesome!

Three laps of the blue at FoD, 19.5 miles, 2017 feet climbed, 41 trophies. Straavaaaaa!!! :D

The bike is soooo good. Totally planted and inspires so much confidence. The Mattocs are so supple it's untrue and the back end, while suffering from more pedal bob than the Spesh Camber, offers so much traction. I am using all the travel though, so I bought some volume reducers from Sprung which I'll fit before the next ride.

There are a couple of flies in the ointment though; I wasn't sure about the saddle before the ride started but by the end the grips were more of an issue. My hands were numb, I was struggling to change gear and it was actually painful to let go of the bars! The saddle is shocking though...

Straavaaaa!!!!

nuke1.jpg

nuke2.jpg

nuke4.jpg

And the arty shot...
    nuke3.jpg
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Numb hands could be stem length/ bar rise

Too much weight on your hands will make them numb

Had similar issue on my HT. Once i swapped out for bigger rise bars, numbness went
  • doomanic
    The reach is 30mm longer than my old bike so I'm more stretched out. That could be be putting more weight on my hands.

The grips are pretty firm though with little cushioning. I used to think the grips on my Spesh were bad, but these are in a different league. :lol:
  • JBA
    doomanic wrote:
    I am using all the travel though, so I bought some volume reducers from Sprung which I'll fit before the next ride.

Sounds like a good day.
    I really like FoD. Great trails, good cafe and easy to get to.

Who have you bought the volume reducers from? Can't find 'Sprung' on t'interweb and I need to get some for my Trance. Using all the travel on the Fox Float too easily.

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • doomanic
    Sprung are the onsite suspension techs at Pedalabikeaway.
    They charged me £2 each. The normally come in a bag of 9 for 18 quid.
  • Really nice bike, and some great photos too.

I was up the FoD yesterday, it's looking lovely at this time of year isn't it!
  • JBA
    Thanks.
    I have been to FoD dozens of times and never noticed their name!

I might be there on Friday so will have a chat with them.

• doomanic
    They're in the hire yard.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Nice. Did she sort some NOS DX pedals for it too? :)
  • doomanic
    I wish! I bought them back in the '90's and they've been on the following;
    ProFlex 856, GT Zaskar Le ('95 team bike), Club Roost VCV Freeride ('98 team bike), Spesh Camber Comp and currently the Nuke. :D
  • doomanic
    For a change I went to Cannock Chase today and Followed the Dog and Spanked the Monkey.

Start of the Monkey
    Nuke5.jpg

Nuke6.jpg

Nuke7.jpg

Nuke8.jpg
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    mattoc's with the black stantions are pretty sweet looking.
  • Nice!
    Like the look of the new Mega - especially in orange!
  • doomanic
    Back to the FoD today to ride some more familiar trails and play with the suspension settings (which didn't happen...)
    Did two laps of the Verderers and started the Red (which has changed a lot since I last did it) but had to bail when my Sciatica flared up. :cry:

nuke10.jpg

nuke9.jpg

And finally, just to scare the younger forumites, a sweaty fat bloke...
    me.jpg