Sufferfest Videos App Only?

gcwebbyuk
gcwebbyuk Posts: 1,926
Are Sufferfest moving some of their older videos to App Only?

I went to purchase Local Hero today, and even though I can see a price on the page, there is no option to add to cart. When I go back to the main listing, it is flagged as App Only...

I can understand they are making newer videos to be App Only, but it's a shame some of the old stuff is going that way too :cry::cry:

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Yes it is... obviously they have been advised to do this by management consultants....
    My library of Sufferfests will now increase in value on Ebay.

At the moment Zwift fits my training requirements over winter , when last winter Sufferfest fitted.
    Things change and adapt...
  • gcwebbyuk
    Does that mean you are selling them then?

I know someone who might be interested...
  • jgsi
    It was almost in jest , however, seriously if Sufferfest have actually vetoed the sale of the actual videos now .. I can release them from the cloud for £5 a vid via paypal.
    Their loss.
  • gcwebbyuk
    If it's not breaking any copyright then I'd be interested however I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in their t&c that you can't resell them?
  • jgsi
    Probably is ... best off to the dark web.....or the version on here pm me if you want to discuss
  • bvduck
    bvduck Posts: 44
    JGSI wrote:
    Probably is ... best off to the dark web.....or the version on here pm me if you want to discuss

Hi there Steve. My name is David McQuillen, and I'm the founder of The Sufferfest. While you and the others here in this thread might not agree with the direction we've taken to go app only, that certainly doesn't give you any legal right to sell our copyrighted material. It's theft. We are a small business run by people who are passionate about what we do. We work very hard on our videos and to create a great product for Sufferlandrians. It's how we pay the bills, feed our families and build a better product for our community. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if we came to your workplace and took your livelyhood from you. If we have to, we'll bring our lawyers to bear, but I'm sure that you're an ethical person at heart and will do the right thing.
    Sincerely, David david@thesufferfest.com
    David McQuillen, Chief Suffering Officer
    http://www.thesufferfest.com
    @thesufferfest
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    bvduck wrote:
    JGSI wrote:

Hi there Steve. My name is David McQuillen, and I'm the founder of The Sufferfest. While you and the others here in this thread might not agree with the direction we've taken to go app only, that certainly doesn't give you any legal right to sell our copyrighted material. It's theft. We are a small business run by people who are passionate about what we do. We work very hard on our videos and to create a great product for Sufferlandrians. It's how we pay the bills, feed our families and build a better product for our community. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if we came to your workplace and took your livelyhood from you. If we have to, we'll bring our lawyers to bear, but I'm sure that you're an ethical person at heart and will do the right thing.
    Sincerely, David david@thesufferfest.com

i ve contacted SF over the lack of new mp4 vids and though i do wish they d release new w/o's on mp4, we all have to respect their decision - its theft at the end of the day, i ve never so much as shared a vid, they were chip as chips and lightened up many a dark hour on the turbo, why fcuk it up for the guys? andrew
  • gcwebbyuk
    I've signed up for the app, and so far enjoying it.

One thing I think I prefer over TrainerRoad is their suggested cadence for each interval. I seem to be doing a lot more slower cadence work, whereas with TrainerRoad I tended to stick to 90rpm +/-

Plus there is the bonus of the new Yoga videos too which are pretty good.