Cube Stereo 160 HPA

Danieljephcott
Danieljephcott Posts: 334
edited March 2017 in Your mountain bikes
So after having my Voodoo hoodoo hardtail for around 3 months I realised I needed a FS in my life.

so picked this up today :).

Rockshox Pike 160mm front
Fox Float 200mm rear
SRAM X01 1x11
SRAM Guide R
Reverb 150mm drop.

has all the spec ill ever need :)

6C5D08E5-EC9A-47D5-9854-4379EB31C4E6.jpg

88EA5AD2-7AA2-46D4-B36C-9A79364B0AE8.jpg

C803DA0C-6E6E-42A6-94BD-FE107EDD14E0.jpg

82FD0C50-7825-45A2-A0D5-09EF4C98CFCC.jpg

i also bought a few goodies, going to try this clip in thing :) i also bought some flats. also bought some gorilla tape, tubeless valves and sealant to go tubeless at some point, gorilla tape was highly recommended to me.

762AD377-447E-4DD4-B225-D43525E00B6D.jpg

Comments

• Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    Practice clipping in and out somewhere safe, leaning on a wall or in a corridor where you can support your self, work it for a couple of weeks and then get out, don't get on and ride around because you'll likely fall.
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • Herdwick
    Nica ride by the way :D
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • Oh ok, I kind of just jumped in the deep end. Did 18 miles off road Thursday and they were a bit of a pain. Did Cannock today and they worked a treat. Really help on hills. This bike is awesome. Completely smashed my Cannock time and right at the end where there are some big slabs which I normally miss I just flew over them. Really confidence inspiring bike

Brakes were pants tho but I really hope that's due to bedding in and the weather as it chucked it down.
  • Had a great ride at Cannock today.

5E0A6322-CA8F-4801-85A3-162FD807376B.jpg
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Very nice.

Why have you got your helmet on backwards?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Ah sh*t haha. Just finished a coffee and I wanted a picture. Lol what an idiot putting it on backward. :mrgreen: I promise I do know which way it goes haha
  • Very nice , I like the cubes a lot . Get over to the stile cop dh near Cannock if you haven't already . Would be fun on that
  • I've not done anything down hill yet but might give it a go. Would love to do bike park wales
  • A lot of the trails at stile cop are are not to difficult . But they are a lot of fun and good for getting your confidence for bike park Wales . We rode the monkey trail at stile cop and loved it , hopefully going back soon
  • I'm now running tubeless. It was certainly interesting. About 2 hours doing the first wheel and then 15 mins on the second :).
  • Couple of war wounds at Cannock chase today. Forgot I was clipped in eek.

C5A08202-C032-486A-BCFB-134CDF1E3050.jpg

8AB8FA2B-2619-4E2C-9B7A-2714984E4220.jpg
  • doomanic
    doomanic Posts: 238
    :(:(
  • marcg868
    marcg868 Posts: 116
    Lovely looking bike that mate.
  • Nice looking bike that - love the colour.

Needs an orange cable/hose on the other side though to balance it out - would send my OCD nuts! lol
  • haha i know what you mean, the orange cable is a bit weird, would prefer just black. i love the colour but if i can i wouldn't mind dulling the orange down just a little. for to many orange stickers :)
  • Herdwick
    told you so :mrgreen:
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • Herdwick wrote:
    told you so :mrgreen:

All was going so well then had that little fall, went out mid week and fell off again and bent my rear hanger. Think it's knocked my confidence.

Anyway I know have some nice flats on :)
  • Couple of updates: after my last fall and bending my derailleur hanger I've ordered a new one but managed to bend this one back. Chucked my flats on and went out yesterday.

Really enjoyed it, took my cleats off my shoes and used them and the pedals are so grippy it's almost like being clipped in. No falls anyway :)

Pic from last night:

29F5D1BC-DF8E-4F36-B267-3558B694CD42.jpg

The bike got in a bit of a mess last night so it's just meant I could give it a good clean and also adjust the gears a tad as it's slightly out-probably due to the hanger not being perfectly straight.

Dirty:

94725166-2C8F-45F0-A68D-07FF89AF081A.jpg

B49C1271-0E0E-4405-91AE-0EB936602FB6.jpg

88A1C134-97CC-475E-B629-37EE9DC9F2C0.jpg

All clean :):

9023E9DF-7D67-4B51-A39B-9EE2B05A2F8C.jpg

1F5DA163-6D9E-4322-96EF-C3A1686F83A4.jpg

BAA1E176-2159-48FB-93C1-D694B6411147.jpg

Thing is I'm out again tonight so I'll be cleaning it tomorrow haha
  • Well bike didn't stay clean for long. Lots of mud and some additional sheep poop :)

030C08B0-4CE5-4B7E-9E3C-6D5A64C7BFD9.jpg

904357B9-01BA-4F91-A502-1F82E4C834A8.jpg

051CB550-8F39-4D67-B637-706755BC51B8.jpg

D324D06F-AA32-48BB-BA3E-3E01BDF92F29.jpg

50D7B36A-2D2C-42E5-832C-5613A7B36060.jpg
  • I'd consider getting something like an enduro guard for the front - will stop a lot of the crap getting onto the fork stanchions.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Yeah a muckynutz guard or something similar would be a good addition to stop any stanchion damage.

I use a mudhugger on front of my bike works great, depends on what you can spend.

Nice bike, btw.
  • DirkPitt74 wrote:
    I'd consider getting something like an enduro guard for the front - will stop a lot of the crap getting onto the fork stanchions.

I have got one from decathlon but I find it really ugly, the bike is never left for more than over night without being cleaned- shouldn't cause any damaged should it.

I was looking at one of these buts so I don't get mud and sheep crap in my face :)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobi ... -prod27830
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    You don't appear to be getting much fork travel.
    Was it a gentle, flat ride or is your fork pressure too high?

Neoguards are very good at stopping carp flying in to your face. I have been using then for the last 4 years. Have changed to a MuckyNutz Face Fender this year to try and keep some of the dirt out away from the lower headset.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • JBA wrote:
    You don't appear to be getting much fork travel.
    Was it a gentle, flat ride or is your fork pressure too high?

Neoguards are very good at stopping carp flying in to your face. I have been using then for the last 4 years. Have changed to a MuckyNutz Face Fender this year to try and keep some of the dirt out away from the lower headset.

Pressure is set fairly high but I'm 19.10 stone, the sag is around 30%. I also have the lockout on the front on about 4 clicks so it's not fully open. The rear is set to trail which isn't fully open either.

It's all farmers fields, bridalway and some road so. Orthing exactly testing the suspension.

Seems to be pretty good at Cannock today, doesn't feel hard or like I don't have enough travel. Will check the bike in a min to see if I can see how much travel I'm getting. Last bit of Cannock has a couple of jumps so that should give me an idea.
  • I've just gone out and checked the bike as I did get a bit of air today, seems like I've used about 140mm out of the 160mm, this has which the compression clicked about 4 times. Sounds about right doesn't it?
  • Been tweeting the suspension this week and seem to have the front setup better and getting a little more travel.

Went to Cannock chase yesterday and tried doing the full dog, monkey and back on the dog.

Basically I can't move... the monkey is so much harder. You climb, then climb and then climb again. But the dh are good, some technical and then some stupid fast like lower cliff.

Once I recover I'll be very happy I managed the full route :).

11A7A266-D9D0-49F2-AC28-09227185907D.jpg
  • doomanic
    doomanic Posts: 238
    Are you going this Saturday? I'm looking to make my first trip there.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    DirkPitt74 wrote:
    I'd consider getting something like an enduro guard for the front - will stop a lot of the crap getting onto the fork stanchions.

I have got one from decathlon but I find it really ugly, the bike is never left for more than over night without being cleaned- shouldn't cause any damaged should it.

I was looking at one of these buts so I don't get mud and sheep crap in my face :)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobi ... -prod27830

not so much from keeping it clean, they stop stones getting flung up and hitting the stantions which is why I have one on all year round.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    I've just gone out and checked the bike as I did get a bit of air today, seems like I've used about 140mm out of the 160mm, this has which the compression clicked about 4 times. Sounds about right doesn't it?

really depends on the trail. don't set it up so that you get all the travel on basic trails as it will be far too soft and have horrific brake dive. I couldn't even tell you what sag I have on my bike but it set up really well and only uses most of the travel on big drops to flat and still supports me on steep rocky trails without much dive.

I have 160 pikes with no tokens and no LSC clicked in. only thing I'd like to change is the HSC, be nice to have a bit less.
  • doomanic wrote:
    Are you going this Saturday? I'm looking to make my first trip there.

Sorry only just seen this. I didn't go this Saturday but likely to go next Saturday. Give me a message