Newbie Starts Again

yorkiedave
yorkiedave Posts: 17
edited October 2016 in MTB beginners
Not ridden really for around 20 years and this 40 something managed to get a bargain Boardman Pro 29er this week brand new for £600. :lol:

Thought I woild ease into it gently with a canal path ride before doing something more intense, did an 18 mile ride today and thoroughly loved it however, the seat seemed to take its toll, this might take a bit of getting usd to again.

I think a couple more easy day rides and I'm going to go to Sherwood pines, not been there for many years.

The bike was faultless, great fun to ride and even got on fine with my old spd's. Damn shame the nights are now dark so early.

Comments

• doomanic
    doomanic Posts: 238
    yorkiedave wrote:
    Damn shame the nights are now dark so early.
    Tell me about it! I haven't ridden my new bike yet.
  • Don't let the dark put you off. Get yourself a torchy LED light and off you go.

Pic for proof that night rides are amazing.

29F5D1BC-DF8E-4F36-B267-3558B694CD42.jpg
  • Don't let the dark put you off. Get yourself a torchy LED light and off you go.

Any links/recommendations thanks?
  • yorkiedave wrote:
    Not ridden really for around 20 years and this 40 something managed to get a bargain Boardman Pro 29er this week brand new for £600. :lol:

Thought I woild ease into it gently with a canal path ride before doing something more intense, did an 18 mile ride today and thoroughly loved it however, the seat seemed to take its toll, this might take a bit of getting usd to again.

I think a couple more easy day rides and I'm going to go to Sherwood pines, not been there for many years.

The bike was faultless, great fun to ride and even got on fine with my old spd's. Damn shame the nights are now dark so early.
    well sherwood pines car park is open till 6pm, £3 parking fee. the cafe will be open all day,the food is nice but pricey, the sherwood pine cycles shop is also open (not great) but the blue or red route is great.

the views of the forest are great. and your a boardman bike owner like me :)
  • Torchy best bike light will be this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302109843010

But if you go to eBay and search for: torchy bk you will see the 3 different lights and each light normally comes with the standard battery which is great or for £10 more a battery that lasts twice as long. Very very good lights.
  • Im the same - age 68 & haven't been on a bike since I was 14. Love it- presently blasting around the Wire Forest like a teenage loon. Love it !
    James