Music for ZeCanon intervals

phreak
phreak Posts: 2,906
I've had a look on YouTube for some music to accompany interval sessions, but most of the specific ones are pretty bad. The session I'm doing is just over an hour (15m warmup, 6x5 intervals with 1m rest, and 15m cool down). Does anyone have some good music mixes for that length of session they can share?

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I use a Spotify playlist I made, I just add more bangin choons as and when, and have that on shuffle.

One day I'm going to make one that fits in with the timing of my intervals.

Here is the link to mine.

https://open.spotify.com/user/alextaylo ... KQmnKhcLrN
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • If you wanted a specific bpm to match cadence, you could use Spotify running to pick songs for you as well.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,906
    Thanks, I'll check these out.
  • buckmulligan
    buckmulligan Posts: 1,031
    I tried that Spotify Running thing when it came out and IIRC it just speeds up the same loop of house music mix to whatever bpm you like; I'm definitely a spinner on the turbo, so I ramped it up to the max at 190bpm it sounded quite ridiculous and looped through after about 30 mins, so I gave up pretty quickly! Have they improved it at all yet?

Spotify has hundreds of playlists so I just choose one that sounds reasonably upbeat and skip through if it hits a truly dire track. They usually have 2-3 hours of music on each one, so you can probably get a couple of interval sessions done before it starts repeating. Simple but effective if you're not too fussy about what you listen to!
  • I tried that Spotify Running thing when it came out and IIRC it just speeds up the same loop of house music mix to whatever bpm you like; I'm definitely a spinner on the turbo, so I ramped it up to the max at 190bpm it sounded quite ridiculous and looped through after about 30 mins, so I gave up pretty quickly! Have they improved it at all yet?

You can specify a bpm, and it will select music based on what you like that has that tempo. Or music of a certain genre. I think it's really good. But that's what it has always done since it was on android. There is also "running originals", but I never use them.