Camera for bike

timboellis
timboellis Posts: 223
edited October 2016 in MTB general
I am looking for a camera to hang under my garmin mount , however not for videos.

Ideally I'd like the camera to take stills either every so many mins like one every 5 mins or randomly

I do not have an iPhone or an android devices so wireless ones are pretty Intelsat for me.

Any suggestions under £120?

Thanks

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Get a 2nd hand GoPro, maybe a 3 white or a Session.
    That will let you take video, stills and time lapse.
    Garmin mounts are available that also allow a GoPro to be mounted underneath.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • if you wanted to a very budget cam you could try the many many gopro copys on amazon or gearbest

ive been looking to get this one from amazon...

CS710 Waterproof Action Camera £20
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0132I861Q/ ... 420W&psc=1

2 rechargeable batteries, double recording time and double enjoyment.
    1.5 inches HD LCD Display Screen that displays and replays fascinating videos recorded.
    Image stabilizer: excellent aseismatic performance,ensures smoother image and steady videos.
    Support 12 Megapixel CMOS Sensor with Full HD 120 degree wide-angle lens

video Resolution: 1920x1080, 1280x720, 848x480, 640x480.
    Image Resolution: 12MP/8MP/5MP

at £20 its worth a punt, and if it dose get damaged its not a major deal like it would be if it was areal gopro
    if you go on youtube you will find loads of reviews and video/images shot using this and many other cheap cam at around the same price.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I have an sj4000. it's a go pro copy, but for £24 it's still pretty good.

it has most of the functions of a go pro incluiding time lapse, the 3 shot burst function etc
  • welshkev wrote:
    I have an sj4000. it's a go pro copy, but for £24 it's still pretty good.

it has most of the functions of a go pro incluiding time lapse, the 3 shot burst function etc

Well i had one in my man drawer i forgot about , set it up under my garmin and used it to take a photo every 20 seconds , would have preferred every minute but that the best i could do but it does the job