Rampage

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited October 2016 in MTB general
Did anyone else watch Rampage yesterday?
I was settled infront the TV with beer and takeaway for the evening while the wife and kids were out 8)
Great to see how far riders are pushing the sport. Semunuks run was just incredible, taking slopestyle and BMX tricks to big mountain freeride. Antoine Bizet's double back flip was spectacular.
A trip out there to watch Rampage and ride some easier lines in the desert is definitely on my list of things to do.

https://youtu.be/VqY3LBawDXc

Comments

• nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    Watched this via the link. The pro's always make huge drop-offs look so simple. Still marvelling at the Red Bull Hardline footage, especially the helmet cam of Dan Atherton - the sheer speed is astonishing. Must take a fair amount of upper arm strength/stamina to complete such a testing course with that degree of control.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Yes.

I don't envy the judges their job at all as the lines, tricks and sheer speed were so different across the competitors that just about every one of them made my jaw drop.

Found myself standing up with my wife and kids staring strangely at me when Conor MacFarlane crashed just after the launch drop off and somehow clung to ridge.

A truly mind-blowing event.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris