Sharing a Kickr with the other half using Zwift or TR?

Alrighty. Just bought a Kickr and loving it, especially after a semi serious crash and with the winter drawing in.

My wife has also expressed an interest in using it, and although super slim pretty much does fuck all exercise so this is a good thing!

So would this be possible? She's quite tall so should be OK on my bike with the saddle lowered, but what about the set up in Zwift - will I need to set up a new profile / subscription because Zwift and the Kickr will be working to my FTP and adjusting the resistance accordingly?

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Zwift uses rider weight + power applied + road gradient to determine speed

when your wife uses your account, it would be worth changing the rider weight, otherwidse she will be very slow up the hills as her little legs will be pushing hard to drag your heavy arse up the mountain.

But, don't forget to change it back when you ride, otherwise you will think you are amazing having a average wkg of 4.5 ... as you are zipping about on her light body.

You can also change height, but I think this is only used in estimated FTP algorythms .... I might be wrong, but I didn't think it was used on speed output
  • fat daddy wrote:
    You can also change height, but I think this is only used in estimated FTP algorythms .... I might be wrong, but I didn't think it was used on speed output

AFAIK the height is used in the drag calculation for the rider.

Ideally you should have a seperate account on Zwift - but that does mean double payment so I can understand why you'd want to avoid it.
  • fat daddy wrote:
    Zwift uses rider weight + power applied + road gradient to determine speed

when your wife uses your account, it would be worth changing the rider weight, otherwidse she will be very slow up the hills as her little legs will be pushing hard to drag your heavy ars* up the mountain.

But, don't forget to change it back when you ride, otherwise you will think you are amazing having a average wkg of 4.5 ... as you are zipping about on her light body.

Cheers, so assume that will also change the automatic resistance that the kickr applies?
  • Cheers, so assume that will also change the automatic resistance that the kickr applies?

No, it only affects your speed in the game. Although you can adjust the trainer resistance using the "Trainer Difficulty" setting.
  • shmooster
    shmooster Posts: 335
    Might be a daft question, but Zwift should be changing the resistance on hills automatically shouldn't it?

I ask because it doesn't seem to change it for me when I just ride around the Zwift mountains but it does when I'm in a workout.

Trying to work out if it's a feature or a bug.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    As everyone has said, it's changing the weight in zwift and your ftp in TR. I do the same with my missus, you'll know very quickly if you forget to switch it back....