Winter Bike - torn

2»

Comments

• Those red Dolomite 5 look lovely on the website, great at the sales price of £850!

Which Shimano hydraulic brakes do they actually come with? Page says RS-505 and BR-575.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • SecretSam wrote:
    Welcome to the club! 8)

LOL, thanks. Am quite excited. Already considering purchase of new wheels to replace stock (as they are likely to be heavy) and am going to try a different saddle (Charge Spoon, everyone else seems to love it!).

Charge Spoon is a nice seat (had one on the Equilibrium), as is the Fabric Scoop which I have on the Pinnacle (Rain in my sig.).

Wheels aren't too bad, 1968g on my scales, roll very well but the rear went a little wobbly after a few rides. I now have tarty red hubs and Stan's Grail rims with black DT Swiss spokes. Very nice indeed. Dynamo front wheels are great.

Strangely even the stock tyres were half decent, never had that on a bike before and I love the addition of the locking bar ends. It's the little things sometimes.
    Those red Dolomite 5 look lovely on the website, great at the sales price of £850!

Which Shimano hydraulic brakes do they actually come with? Page says RS-505 and BR-575.

From memory the calipers are BR-785 (XT grade) and the shifters are the RS-505, 105 level. They stop well after breaking-in.
  • When did you buy your last bike?
    left the forum March 2023
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    When did you buy your last bike?

2012 I think. Or maybe 2013. Why?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Wheels aren't too bad, 1968g on my scales, roll very well but the rear went a little wobbly after a few rides.
    Now you tell me! :D
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • secretsam
    The Rookie wrote:
    Wheels aren't too bad, 1968g on my scales, roll very well but the rear went a little wobbly after a few rides.

I guess that's one advantage of discs - doesn't matter so much! :lol:

• SecretSam wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

I guess that's one advantage of discs - doesn't matter so much! :lol:

Plus it was expertly trued afterwards! 8)
  • Has it arrived yet??

How do you find it?
  • secretsam
    Has it arrived yet??

How do you find it?

LOL after one aborted delivery to my house (I had to rush out before courier arrived), I redirected it to the local Evans. The bike was then not delivered twice 'cos the courier couldn't find the store/thought it was wrong, I got two phone calls from them saying they were delivering it to me (at the store), Evans and the couriers temporarily "lost" it, the store finally received it - but didn't know who it was for!

I picked it up on Sunday, but not ridden it yet. I can confirm that it's a lovely colour, though... :wink:

• SecretSam wrote:
    Has it arrived yet??

How do you find it?

LOL after one aborted delivery to my house (I had to rush out before courier arrived), I redirected it to the local Evans. The bike was then not delivered twice 'cos the courier couldn't find the store/thought it was wrong, I got two phone calls from them saying they were delivering it to me (at the store), Evans and the couriers temporarily "lost" it, the store finally received it - but didn't know who it was for!

I picked it up on Sunday, but not ridden it yet. I can confirm that it's a lovely colour, though... :wink:

Oh, for goodness sake! Get on yer bike!
  • secretsam
    SecretSam wrote:
    Has it arrived yet??

How do you find it?

I have been riding three others in the meantime, is that acceptable? :twisted:

• SecretSam wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    Has it arrived yet??

How do you find it?

I have been riding three others in the meantime, is that acceptable? :twisted:
    Damn you and your circus tricks!