Boris, Please behave like we think a politician should!

bianchimoon
bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
edited October 2016 in The cake stop
WTF, Saying protest outside the Russian Embassy. Borass, you're a paid politician you employ diplomats, it is actually your job to sort these situations out, not encourage mobs onto the street like we're some third world country. Plus his pal Mitchell saying we should shoot down Russian jets over Syria. And you thought America had trouble with Trump, at least he's not going to get into a position of power.
All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    when you say "behave like a politician" ... you mean, behave like we would like politicians to behave right ? .... not actually behave like one of our politicians ... I wouldn't sugest anyone behave like a politician :D
  • bianchimoon
    fat daddy wrote:
    when you say "behave like a politician" ... you mean, behave like we would like politicians to behave right ? .... not actually behave like one of our politicians ... I wouldn't sugest anyone behave like a politician :D
    ahh good point! :)
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I don't see anything wrong with encouraging people to peacefully demonstrate outside the Russian embassy, why you equate that to mobs on the streets is beyond me.

Mitchell produced some proposals such as no fly zones which worked well over Northern Iraq prior to the 2nd Gulf war, as a discussion topic, again I see little wrong with that.

I see a lot wrong with Russia committing war crimes and because they are on the security council the UN being useless.

Perhaps you can come up with an effective idea?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • bianchimoon
    The Rookie wrote:
    I don't see anything wrong with encouraging people to peacefully demonstrate outside the Russian embassy, why you equate that to mobs on the streets is beyond me.

Mitchell produced some proposals such as no fly zones which worked well over Northern Iraq prior to the 2nd Gulf war, as a discussion topic, again I see little wrong with that.

I see a lot wrong with Russia committing war crimes and because they are on the security council the UN being useless.

When you can explain to me why you think it would make any difference whatsoever to have a 'mob' of people outside the Russian embassy.
    The whole point of my post is that these are exactly the situations that politicians and diplomats are paid to resolve, if the best solution is to ask the general public to stand outside the Russian embassy with some placards hoping it will resolve a dangerous and sad situation for so many people then we really have failed our fellow humans. The situation in Iraq and no fly zones bears no relation to the potential danger to the world that would come from shooting down Russian jets over Syria.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Unless of course the protesters were dressed in leather chaps.
  • The Rookie wrote:

we could accept our diminished standing in the world and accept the post-1945 we are in no position to impose or demand anything from a country such as Russia and act accordingly. If Iceland kicked-off we might be able to impose a no-fly zone on them by how the fark do you suggest we do so over Syria?

this is not a moral judgement on the situation but a reality call
  • He was just pointing out that the stop the war campaign is relentlessly anti-west rather than anti war. He knew full well that there was a zero per cent chance that they would actually raise a voice of protest against Russia.
  • bianchimoon
    He was just pointing out that the stop the war campaign is relentlessly anti-west rather than anti war. He knew full well that there was a zero per cent chance that they would actually raise a voice of protest against Russia.
    So, hasn't he got some real issues to attend to then rather than rhetoric and winding up the STWC?
    Oh wait i forgot he's hopeless out of his depth!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Rookie wrote:

When you can explain to me why you think it would make any difference whatsoever to have a 'mob' of people outside the Russian embassy.
    The whole point of my post is that these are exactly the situations that politicians and diplomats are paid to resolve, if the best solution is to ask the general public to stand outside the Russian embassy with some placards hoping it will resolve a dangerous and sad situation for so many people then we really have failed our fellow humans. The situation in Iraq and no fly zones bears no relation to the potential danger to the world that would come from shooting down Russian jets over Syria.
    Does it have to make a difference to be worth doing?

Encouraging protests (peaceful) is a way of adding leverage to your diplomacy, you can't make someone do something they don't want to without applying a lever, just talking doesn't achieve this, it didn't work in 1938 did it?

Talking about imposing a no fly zone and shooting down Russian jets are a long way apart, the discussion is part of that very diplomacy isn't it.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.