Whats your favourite short Race circuit?

Toks
Toks Posts: 1,143
edited November 2016 in Amateur race
I'm talking about for your typical 45mins 1 hour races. My current fav is the Cyclopark in Kent - although my all time favourite is the legendary Crystal Palace.I got sick of being dropped there in 2014 & 2015 - so didn't bother this year. I'll be well over 50 but I gotta give it another go in 2017 :twisted: :twisted:

Comments

• okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    I actually do like Palace as well, its a hard circuit, made even harder if you're not fearless through the corners, I think you can get round there pretty easy if you have nailed your cornering, if like me you never do quite get it right you end up burning a huge amount of energy.

I got dropped from the e12 pretty quickly in my first race there! But I think since I've managed to dial it in just about. I didn't do any this year, I didn't miss it, but maybe I'll go again next.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • giropaul
    giropaul Posts: 414
    Scale Hall ( Lancaster). It's a circuit that lets the race flow. Some other circuits have an ( in my view) unnecessary hair pin that throttles speed, and usually causes a crash on the last lap when someone tries to move up on the inside.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Scale Hall - is that Salt Ayre? I've seen some big stacks there, as it's quite narrow. My favourite has to be Sundorne, Shrewsbury.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Eastway.
  • Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    Webboo wrote:
    Eastway.
    Old school :twisted:
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Toks wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Eastway.
    Old school :twisted:

Hayes bypass (before it was opened) - also old school
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    trinty park is tough and while it is flat it has alot of 90 degree bends. Rockingham motorcycle track is good though Fun racing there this year.

Hillingdon is simply dangerous. did one race last week and I will not go back. I saw and was victim of wreckless riding. fortunatley I can handle my bike and did not take a lie down. I hope to try cyclopark this saturday. Lea Valley I hear is a crash fest. Lotus is flat but there has been some good races this year.

Ixworth crits though is the most fun you can have on a circuit. a brutal course and next year I will give it another go. I hope I will be good enough to last more than a couple laps though.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Used to like Ludgershall before they built houses on it. Probably Odd Down or Thruxton.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Cyclopark has a good mix of corners, inclines and wind. Brands Hatch is surprisingly good fun. Honourable mention for Palace, although my bike handling is too **** to ever get a result there.
  • I raced an LVRC at Enstone circuit this year, and it was my favourite course. Short, but technical and twisty. Good fun.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,578
    trinty park is tough and while it is flat it has alot of 90 degree bends. Rockingham motorcycle track is good though Fun racing there this year.

Hillingdon is simply dangerous. did one race last week and I will not go back. I saw and was victim of wreckless riding. fortunatley I can handle my bike and did not take a lie down. I hope to try cyclopark this saturday. Lea Valley I hear is a crash fest. Lotus is flat but there has been some good races this year.

Ixworth crits though is the most fun you can have on a circuit. a brutal course and next year I will give it another go. I hope I will be good enough to last more than a couple laps though.

Is that Lotus as in Hethel.......?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18