tacx satori smart

pe1ter
pe1ter Posts: 169
ive just taken the plundge and bought one of these it was around my budget if 225 pound but seen it at 169 at halfords so evans cycles price matched it has anyone got one and what are there thoughts on it its my first trainer bought it for when weather is sh?t

Comments

• It's a very poor choice. I'd recommend you return it.

It does not adjust resistance automatically like other smart trainers you have to do that yourself via the lever.

When you consider the Tacx Flow Smart is £200 and is fully controllable the Satori makes no sense at all.
  • pe1ter
    oh right well bike radar gave it 4.5 stars out of 5 i think for my needs its more than enough to keep me ticking over when its crap outside
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    It's a very poor choice. I'd recommend you return it.

It does not adjust resistance automatically like other smart trainers you have to do that yourself via the lever.

When you consider the Tacx Flow Smart is £200 and is fully controllable the Satori makes no sense at all.
    ^^This 100%, the Flow Smart is a far more involving trainer.
  • http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... art-50105/

Surprising. They are wrong, basically.
  • pe1ter
    i basicly wanted sonething i could just look at speed and heartrate to stop the boredom of a normal trainer im not going to be racing on zwift or anything its just going to be a tool to keep my foot in the door so i dont lose the little fittness i have already
  • pe1ter
    ive got a full refund from evans cycles hoing to buy the flow now thanks for your advice
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    I'd agree that for most people the flow probably is the better buy, but it is fair to point out that the satori has a couple of advantages -
    -higher resistance available, better for big/strong riders/sprint training.
    -doesn't need mains power - can be used for warm up/down at events, bit more flexible where you train.

I've got a load of PBK credit waiting to be used, if they had the Satori for Halfords' price I expect I'd have bought one by now.