Pinnacle Arkose

umop3pisdn
umop3pisdn Posts: 98
edited October 2016 in Your road bikes
Super commuter/winter/audax bike as I'm fed up of riding fixed all winter. Mudguards still to be fitted, don't worry.

Discs are great, pricey to go full hydro but so good. Wheels are fat MTB rims which stretch the 35mm Compass tyres out to 37mm. Nice to be able to clatter through potholes on dark Surrey roads without having to worry at all.

j5Int7D.jpg

Pics:

Frame: Pinnacle Arkose 4
Forks: Pinnacle tapered 15mm bolthrough jobby
Bars: Ritchey Comp Evomax
Stem: 3T Arx 110mm
Headset: FSA
Bar Tape: Deda Mistral

Front Brake Lever: Shimano RS685
Front Caliper: Shimano RS685
Rear Brake Lever: Shimano RS685
Rear Caliper: Shimano RS685

Shifters: Shimano RS685
Cables: Shimano
Front Mech: Ultegra 6800
Rear Mech: 105 Medioum Cage

Seat: Prologo Nago Evo
Seat Post: FSA
Seat Post Clamp: Hope

Cranks: 105 170mm
Chainring(s): 50/34
Chain: Sram
Cassette: 105 11-28
Pedals: Keo
Bottom Bracket: Ultegra 6800

Wheels:
Rim: WTB i23
Spokes: Sapim Race
Hub: Superstar Centrelock
Tube: Boardman Superlight
Tire: Compass Bon Jon Pass 35mm

Accessories: Sweet bottle cages, Rando bag and Gilels Berthoud mudguards to fit

Weight: Not light

Other info: Crushes everything in its path.

Comments

• Looks a hardy beast, is it that time of year coming up where you cant see potholes before hitting them?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Nice. I've got the single speed version and agree about the joy of being able to use wider tyres. I've run 40mm WTB Nano's (tubeless) for gravel/ofrroad, and currently have 38mm Schwalbe Hyper Voyagers for the road. Almost like having suspension, plush but still quick. Enjoy...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    I really like that. Looks great, and I love the idea of having 35mm tyres on my commuter.

Got any pic's of it from a diagonal angle?
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • Lancew wrote:
    Got any pic's of it from a diagonal angle?

Afraid not, why? I have usage photos:

14350517_1669571196694138_487047002148831232_n.jpg
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    I was just curious to see the front profile.

Thought you were airborne for a second there, looks like far too much fun for commuting.
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    "Nice to be able to clatter through potholes on dark Surrey roads without having to worry at all."

I was thinking along these lines last night when out in the dark hitting few surprise holes. Bike looks nice BTW. I'd even consider putting drop bars on my little used MTB and using that as my 'dark' bike. Nothing on the road will be an issue then and it really wouldn't matter that I'd lose a few mph. It seems faster in the dark anyway.
  • Beast mode winter setup

HvGNVif.jpg