Cables in different places, which is best?

paddywhacked
paddywhacked Posts: 36
edited October 2016 in MTB general
Whilst looking for a new bike, I spotted that different manufacturers run their cables in different ways. Some top, some lower and some inner. Which way is considered best, or are all useful in different ways?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    All have their plus and minus points, in terms of affecting my choice of bike it would come and aweful long way down the list, in fact second last just above colour.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • What, colour isn't important?? :lol: Thanks, what about wearing the latest snazzy, heavily branded MTB clothing. Surely that makes any rider way quicker and more skilful? Appreciate the reply.
    The Rookie wrote:
    All have their plus and minus points, in terms of affecting my choice of bike it would come and aweful long way down the list, in fact second last just above colour.
  • Thanks, what about wearing the latest snazzy, heavily branded MTB clothing. Surely that makes any rider way quicker and more skilful? Appreciate the reply.

It is well known that only stripes, tassles in the end of handle bars and spokey dokes make you go faster

All other go faster clothing and fitness gizmos are just placebos :D
  • Ha ha, very good. Not forgetting a playing card clattering the spokes for that authentic Motorbike sound.
    Thanks, what about wearing the latest snazzy, heavily branded MTB clothing. Surely that makes any rider way quicker and more skilful? Appreciate the reply.

It is well known that only stripes, tassles in the end of handle bars and spokey dokes make you go faster

All other go faster clothing and fitness gizmos are just placebos :D
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    Iternal routing makes good patience practice when time comes but other than that the same, aesthetically speaking internal routing looks cleaner but there are some external ones that are tidy enough, half/ partialy covered inners are a pain as they tend to rust and get full of muck in muddy conditions. So function over form in this case for me
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • Superb, thanks for this. :D
    Herdwick wrote:
    Iternal routing makes good patience practice when time comes but other than that the same, aesthetically speaking internal routing looks cleaner but there are some external ones that are tidy enough, half/ partialy covered inners are a pain as they tend to rust and get full of muck in muddy conditions. So function over form in this case for me