Can you turn off real road feel in zwift?

chris_bass
chris_bass Posts: 4,913
I have a tacx neo and find the real road feel really annoying, it just judders no matter what surface it is other than tarmac.

So can you turn it off?
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

Comments

• Chris Bass wrote:
    I have a tacx neo and find the real road feel really annoying, it just judders no matter what surface it is other than tarmac.

So can you turn it off?

Stop riding. Click the Menu button at the bottom left. Then choose settings then set Tacx Road Feel to Off.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    great thanks.

i set it to surprise me earlier and it seemed to just loop round some cobbled roads and it was driving me mad!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Chris Bass wrote:
    great thanks.

i set it to surprise me earlier and it seemed to just loop round some cobbled roads and it was driving me mad!

I quite liked it but I do most of my riding before my wife is out of bed and she said it was 'making the entire house shake'!
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    heh ....... I am a bit gutted I bought a trainer, then 1 month later the Neo does "real" road feel .... I would have spanked out the extra for that.

Other than being annoying, does it feel realistic ? ..... the dirt track, the cobbles, do they feel like, well dirt and cobbles when you hit them, does it make it more fun or tiring

basically .... should I still be feeling annoyed I don't have a neo ! :D
  • fat daddy wrote:
    heh ....... I am a bit gutted I bought a trainer, then 1 month later the Neo does "real" road feel .... I would have spanked out the extra for that.

Other than being annoying, does it feel realistic ? ..... the dirt track, the cobbles, do they feel like, well dirt and cobbles when you hit them, does it make it more fun or tiring

basically .... should I still be feeling annoyed I don't have a neo ! :D

Not really tbh. IRL you feel dirt, cobbles etc through the entire bike whereas this is only through the pedals, plus it's very disconcerting when you finish going over the bridge and it's still vibrating, or the vibrations finish before you get to the end of the bridge - kind of takes you out of the reality with a thump
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    well, that makes me feel a "Bit Better" .... still jealous of the Neo owners though ...... although I would have to keep changing the cassette on it to allow for the different bikes I keep using on mine !

Perhaps with the dawn of Gamification turbo ssessions lilke zwift, one needs Turbo trainer n+1 as well as bikes ..... I need a rock and roller, Neo and snap