Mudguards

jme4
jme4 Posts: 20
edited October 2016 in MTB beginners
I need some mud gourds for a couple of bikes:

Orange Four - front guard only.

Cannondale Bad Boy 26" wheel fully ridged that I use to commute bumble about on - front and rear.

I'm looking for the light weight type like Mucky Nutz etc - can people recommend any particular makes and models to suit my bikes?

Thanks.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Go to decathlon and get their Mucky Nutz front and rear copies for a fraction the price.

If the 'dale is for most bumbling you could consider something like a 'bearvertail' for better protection, hopeless off road but great for a local runaround hack.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    Rapid Racer Enduroguard. Excellent.
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    I've got a pair from SKS on mine; I rate their stuff. I used some insulating tape on the frame to reduce rub/contact marks from the rubber mount straps. The rear one uses a great QR fitment to the seat post and can be mounted or removed in seconds.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • mattyfez
    mattyfez Posts: 638
    Have SKS beavertail on mine, although I had to remove the front one when I fitted a 26x2.4 tyre as there's no clearance.
    The front one relies on having a hole in the fork bridge too.
    Rear guard is good though on a 26x2.1

If the cannondale is more a commuter/light duty thing, the sks beavertail full set is good, if it's compatible, It offers a lot of coverage.

images_zps8mqpmjj5.jpg
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    I fitted Topeak Defenders on my 29er.Theyre absolutely brilliant and I love that they're easily and quickly removed (less than 30 seconds) for when its dry. Highly recommended!
  • Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube