'ning

simple plan: cafe, office, home early, shopping, veg out

om, for longer om, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsqUh7j8KQ4
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Rather fresh for the ride in this morning, pleasant ride along the river but not so nice along the roads. Hopefully the park will be open in the mornings again by next week. Not much going on today other than visiting the cafe for some dead pig and the pub for a beer with the Mrs on the way home. Need to work out which house is Kingstonian's so I can add to his list with some jobs at my gaff whilst he's got nothing to do.
  • Morning. POETS day for me. :)
    ....I don't know why; It's a perfectly cromulent word....
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Vat inspection first thing. I've had the pleasure of this inspectors company before and he's one sharp cookie which is fine as we are golden.

Later is more mundaneness until this evening when I'm bbq'ing a nice steak.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Mmmmmmm one more drink a 3am wasn't my best idea

Working locally so I got a ride and avoid the builders fitting the log burner. I blame the drink on the decorator that said it would take two of them 5 days to paint the dinning room :(

Later is a BBQ at the younger rugrats school and then onto the pub
  • The lack of preparation for next week makes me feel like Rick in the Young Ones:

"Just because you've done loads and loads of work just like a girl and just because I'm so hard and street and cool that I've done absolutely bugger all..."

If only I could find the you tube clip...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    The lack of preparation for next week makes me feel like Rick in the Young Ones:

"Just because you've done loads and loads of work just like a girl and just because I'm so hard and street and cool that I've done absolutely bugger all..."

Search for the 'University Challenge' episode on Youtube - possibly the best one of the lot. The Rik suicide attempt with laxative pills is also a good 'un :D
    'Why don't you like me?'
    'Because you're a complete bastard.'

A day with no interviews at last. Potential minion No.1 accepted my offer this morning so one down, one to go. Charity raising effort in the office involving cakes has left me feeling a bit sugared up for now. May get me through my only meeting of the day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    The lack of preparation for next week makes me feel like Rick in the Young Ones:

Search for the 'University Challenge' episode on Youtube - possibly the best one of the lot. The Rik suicide attempt with laxative pills is also a good 'un :D
    'Why don't you like me?'
    'Because you're a complete bastard.'

A day with no interviews at last. Potential minion No.1 accepted my offer this morning so one down, one to go. Charity raising effort in the office involving cakes has left me feeling a bit sugared up for now. May get me through my only meeting of the day.

that's the one,
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Rather fresh for the ride in this morning, pleasant ride along the river but not so nice along the roads. Hopefully the park will be open in the mornings again by next week. Not much going on today other than visiting the cafe for some dead pig and the pub for a beer with the Mrs on the way home. Need to work out which house is Kingstonian's so I can add to his list with some jobs at my gaff whilst he's got nothing to do.

Don't worry, my wife is making sure I have plenty to do........the list is growing by the day
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Non one but no one except a gang of 10 involving a skip would get through the 'odd jobs' in VN's house.

Evening shirkers. I got through 6 seconds of om.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249

Don't worry, my wife is making sure I have plenty to do........the list is growing by the day
    Just make sure you're free by Thursday evening.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Veronese68 wrote:

Just make sure you're free by Thursday evening.

Haha, Thursday night has been approved :lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................................
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!