Sorry , cannondale quick 3 2017 or boardman team hybrid 2016

Marksimpson
Marksimpson Posts: 4
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
Sorry !!!!

Wondering which of the above has best kit and best bike , both fit my needs .

Many thanks in anticipation

Comments

• Mmmmm , not a lot of help here .

Wrong area of forum ? , wrong forum ?

Wrong bikes not worth of comment ?

Any advice on where i can get help ??????
  • Welcome to the forum, probably not any replies because you haven't given us much to go on - for example what your needs are?
  • Possibly not a great help but my wife has just bought the Quick 1 ladies & loves it. It's quite light, well geared, good brakes & the welding on the top tube is very smooth.
    I will probably get the Quick 1 alloy next payday, run it through winter with flat pedals.
    Takes a rack so probably fine as a light tourer also.
    Can't help with the Boardman but they seem to be highly regarded.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Maybe if you post links to the 2 bikes people might be more inclined to have a look and venture an opinion?

I CBA Googling...
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Boardman - Tiagra 10 speed rear, shimano hydraulic brakes.
    Cannondale - Sora 9 speed rear, tektro brakes.

2-0 to Boardman. I havent seen the Cannondale but rode 15,000 miles on a Boardman Hybrid Team from a couple of years back, until it got mangled by a car and loved every second of it. Boardman discounted y £70 at the moment and if you (or a friend) have British Cycling membership you get another 10% off.

Win for Boardman in my opinion. Only negative is that you have to buy it from Halfords...
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    apreading wrote:
    Boardman - Tiagra 10 speed rear, shimano hydraulic brakes.
    Cannondale - Sora 9 speed rear, tektro brakes.

2-0 to Boardman. I havent seen the Cannondale but rode 15,000 miles on a Boardman Hybrid Team from a couple of years back, until it got mangled by a car and loved every second of it. Boardman discounted y £70 at the moment and if you (or a friend) have British Cycling membership you get another 10% off.

Win for Boardman in my opinion. Only negative is that you have to buy it from Halfords...

In that case I'd agree with you, win for Boardman. Once you've collected it you never have to go back to Halfords though (unless of course you're unlucky enough to need to make a warranty claim...)
  • http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/h ... GwodgWAExg

https://www.evanscycles.com/cannondale- ... 0wodNN8GCg

Both bikes fit my needs i think , wanted carbon forks , hydraulic brakes , wide range of gears , i live next to steep hill , want bike for getting fit and something i will enjoy riding . Budget is 600 to 700 , i also considered giant , but doesnt review as well and doesnt sound so much a hybrid .

So of two above just wanted best kit , guess both in same pricej bracket boardman cheaper because of year , which is of no concern to me

Our roads not great and will use paths and canal paths possibly .

Im coming round to the boardman , funnily , best help , attention and knowledge and advice ive had was from halfords !!!! , worst dales , i dunno seeming to be stock answer

Cheers