Gutless, Spineless Jellyfish ........

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
.......... Gareth Southgate. Rooney will remain the England captain. What is the bl00dy point of an England manager/coach when the FA so obviously lean on the incumbent to pick a player because they sell shirts and make money for the association. Sam Allardyce said it all about Rooney's status within the England setup when he said " I can't tell Wayne Rooney where to play" WTF!!

I think that the England captain should be chosen on a match by match basis.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    you seem to be under the impression that Football ... and sport in general is about athletic ability and talent ?????

Its not been like that since the 40's ... its about the money, its about business ..... in all fairness you might as well become a fan of Barclays bank or Santander than a sports team :D
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Make Eric Dier captain and get rid of Rooney for good. Simple as that.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    tim wand wrote:
    Make Eric Dier captain and get rid of Rooney for good. Simple as that.

A great shout that. But should the National team have a permanent captain, who will always be selected for the squad irrespective of their current performance levels. Do other nationals teams do the same? or is the armband given to the most able at each match?
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    I thought for a moment this thread was all about ukippers.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Surely a successful Engerland squad would sell more merchandise than Wooney's inclusion of a mediocre squad?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • The whole situation becomes more farcical by the week and that's regarding both club and country for him. I don't recall a situation in the time I've followed the game anywhere near like it where someone clearly not up to the standard anymore keeps his place at the top. It's plain as day he's capable of 20mins as a sub at the end of a game at best, there are championship players with more mobility and zest than him ffs.

All the Man U fans I know at work want shot of him and rue the money he is contracted to draw from the club until 2019 and the most bizarre thing about it is that he could probably increase his money by buggering off to China.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    fat daddy wrote:
    you seem to be under the impression that Football ... and sport in general is about athletic ability and talent ?????

Its not been like that since the 40's ... its about the money, its about business ..... in all fairness you might as well become a fan of Barclays bank or Santander than a sports team :D

I take your point about football but not so much for other sports, andy murray isn't famous because he sells merchandise, he is just really good at tennis.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,720
    Likewise Chris Froome and his personality.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    The whole situation becomes more farcical by the week and that's regarding both club and country for him. I don't recall a situation in the time I've followed the game anywhere near like it where someone clearly not up to the standard anymore keeps his place at the top. It's plain as day he's capable of 20mins as a sub at the end of a game at best, there are championship players with more mobility and zest than him ffs.

All the Man U fans I know at work want shot of him and rue the money he is contracted to draw from the club until 2019 and the most bizarre thing about it is that he could probably increase his money by buggering off to China.

Beckham? The original shirt salesman.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Were not alone in this, France 98 , world cup final . Ronaldo , clearly unfit played in the Final. Nike sponsored athlete ( use that in the loosest terms ) . Any wonder now that we have the Omni Present Wooney , even though when it comes to a tournament he's shite.

Sponsors, Commercial pressure. I go back to my former post. Lets select a squad on current OPTA ratings or a fans Vote.
    Negate the need for a highly paid manager. ( I ll probably find out that OPTA . is actually a NIKE CORP tool )

He is supposedly a striker ( Englands leading goal scorer at that ) , so its really easy to pick someone to play his position!
    Which England player has scored the most goals this season (Michail Antonio) there you go . Next in as our number 9 against Malta. Simples.