Q/R Skewers

supermurph09
supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
edited September 2016 in Road buying advice
Does anyone have any suggestions for lightweight replacement skewers for the ones that came with my Mavics. Not an area to scrimp, but trying to keep the cost down as there are other things on my list.

Anyone have experience of these: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-titani ... kewer-set/

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Does anyone have any suggestions for lightweight replacement skewers for the ones that came with my Mavics. Not an area to scrimp, but trying to keep the cost down as there are other things on my list.

Anyone have experience of these: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-titani ... kewer-set/
    I have the PX ones, had them for over 4 years now and never had a problem, I think they are about the same price but worth checking.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    How many Gr are you saving ? It's not going to make the blindest bit of difference.
  • Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    Fenix wrote:
    How many Gr are you saving ? It's not going to make the blindest bit of difference.

Got to agree with this really. Buy a nice tyre or two instead?
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Just to clarify the TI skewers are on my PX bike, I left the Mavic skewers on the Canyon as I didn't see any need to change them
  • Proper QRs are worth the extra weight. Shimano/Campag, or other internal cam (I have a good pair of Mavic ones from the '90s that I use). External cam QRs are a horrible invention.
  • By the way, ignore the current £25 for the PX one's. They're part of their magical sale process so will be at the usual 90% off again soon at around £15.
  • By the way, ignore the current £25 for the PX one's. They're part of their magical sale process so will be at the usual 90% off again soon at around £15.

This completely. I've got 3 pairs on different bikes and can't fault them.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Thanks for the replies, the change is forced due to the front skewer looking all rusted up. The bike has developed a creak or two, one of which appears to be coming from the front wheel area so thought I'd see if it was the skewer.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Surely you have another QR you cant try it with to see if it the skewer then before splashing any cash ?
    You can't have just one set of wheels ?