Giant Contact Switch SL Dropper Seatpost

doomanic
doomanic Posts: 238
edited October 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi y'all.

I want to fit a dropper post to my Spesh Camber Comp and the Giant Contact Switch is the cheapest decent post out there. I'd like to fit the 125mm drop 395mm post, however, I can't find any mention of the dimensions other than diameter and drop but I need to know the following;
1. Length of the post below the dropper knuckle, i.e. the part that is inserted in the frame.
2. Length of the post from the bottom of the dropper knuckle to the seat rails.
Have any of you fine folks got one you can measure for me?

Comments

• Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    doomanic wrote:
    Giant Contact Switch is the cheapest decent post out there.

I've returned the one on my Trance twice now due to sideways play and sticky/rough movement in the shaft, both occurring within a few months of installation. It's not a decent dropper in my experience and as such I have had another dropper installed as a replacement.
  • What have you replaced it with?
  • Briggo
    Reverb, the last 2 I had were fine.
  • They're nice, but twice the price. :(
  • Briggo
    doomanic wrote:
    They're nice, but twice the price. :(

"You get what you pay for"
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    I had one on my 13 Reign for about two years,easy service,new cable n some grease,I now have the reverb but managed to get mine,new but off classifieds for £140
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    Briggo wrote:

Begs the question of what happened to the first one! Unless, of course, they're fitted to two separate bikes and both are working fine.

Though I agree with your 'get what you pay for' gist.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Just measured my Switch SL post and it is 225mm from the base of the post to the knuckle.
    That leaves 170mm from the bottom of the knuckle to the seat rails.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Thanks very much, just the info I need. Not sure it's what I wanted to hear, but that can't be helped. :D
  • Briggo
    BigAl wrote:
    Briggo wrote:

Begs the question of what happened to the first one! Unless, of course, they're fitted to two separate bikes and both are working fine.

Correct
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    I have one on my Anthem X2 - no problems so far.